0% receivers

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
HTRN

Re: 0% receivers

Post by HTRN »

Netpackrat wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:10 pm Ratrig customer service apparently leaves a bit to be desired, and it sounds like their parts are printed from PETG and not ABS like the Voron parts. That may matter if you are planning to do a lot of enclosed printing of difficult, high temp materials.
I had heard that about their customer service as well,but I'm not too concerned - I'll only be sourcing the mech hardware from them, the electronics and hotend(Mosquito Magnum+ and a bondtech extruder) from the US.. and pay US prices instead of GB prices. The big reason I want the Vcore3 is the kinematic table.

I have to use their printed parts?! I was under the impression that if you ordered the customisable kit instead of the regular one, you had the option to print your own parts - I was planning on using either "NylonX"(a carbon fiber reinforced filament that is nicknamed "black aluminum" for it's strength) or ideally BASF's sintered filament(if it didn't require outside processing, this would be the shit to use for lowers), as I think 316 stainless can handle the "elevated" temps of 3d printing. ;) I was planning on asking if I can use one of our Big Rep printers at work to knock them out, even if it's a little wired using a six figure FDM printer with a meter3 work envelope to print hobby parts. :ugeek:

For now though, I may look for a used Ender 5(Creality is currently selling them at $190) And then upgrade that as time and money allows.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Ah. Yeah, if you have the ability to print your own parts using a high end printer and semi-exotic filament, no reason to use theirs.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

I have only watched the first few minutes of this video, but it seems to be giving a good overview of the build compared to some of the multi-hour, multi-part build videos that are typical among the Voron YouTube crowd:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh-8_YDhIVM
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »