The well made stupisest most dangerous pistol ever!

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
AggieWalt

Re: The well made stupisest most dangerous pistol ever!

Post by AggieWalt »

Just saw a magazine on the rack at HEB (GUNS Magazine Old West, I think August) that had an article on 1911s and the cover pistol was a government model with damascene gold inlay and a cutaway trigger guard. I have a picture on my phone but can't upload it. So there may be a long history of bad decisions regarding 1911 modifications.
Apathy rules with an iron fist so we must strike back with steel resolve.
randy

Post by randy »

AggieWalt wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:54 pm So there may be a long history of bad decisions regarding 1911 modifications.
I do believe that is a bit of an understatement.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
BDK

Post by BDK »

That was a ranger thing, TMK. They’d rawhide down the grip safeties, cut the trigger guard to shoot them while wearing gloves, and carry them with the hammers at half cock - might have pinned down the manual safeties as well.
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Fitz Special JMB version?
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
BDK

Post by BDK »

Gonzuallas was the one who disable the grip safety and cut down the trigger guard, and with his holsters cut to fully expose the trigger.

Miller was the one who used rawhide and carried them at half cock.