It only took 14 months!

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
SoupOrMan

It only took 14 months!

Post by SoupOrMan »

Halle-fragging-lujah!

I actually got through to the IL State Police FOID/CCL division to find out what was holding up getting my cards back. Turns out that there's a preference of new FOID/CCL holders over renewals, in that noobs get their cards first. The division sent out "Please treat this as an extension" letters stating that expired cards could still purchase firearms and ammunition on old cards until up to 12 months after the pandemic is officially declared over, but I have gotten all kinds of static from local merchants who don't want to honor said letter. (And trying to get out-of-state sellers to honor is is even more laughable.) So maybe they can expedite my cards, for me, no idea. I also finally got my renewal training class certification to them, as I'd sent my initial cert from 2015 instead. Oops.

I'm pretty sure that if I'd hand-carried my stuff over to ISP headquarters in Springfield I'd have been arrested for general mopery and insulting the honor of the agency.

But hey, keep calling and emailing your bureaucrats. Eventually they'll make a mistake and answer you!
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
Gunnuts

Re: It only took 14 months!

Post by Gunnuts »

prickster wants to make sure all the flaming libs get their "protection" while you get fucked over at the gun counter.

Don't get me started.....>:-[
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

See, this is why I like lifetime carry permits.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Crazy Uncle Ted has it right. The 2nd Amendment should be the only permit needed.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Jered

Post by Jered »

Meanwhile, I get pissed at the ATF for taking 8 months to let me have my automatic weapon when they ran right to the bank with the check.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

Yeah, my renewal fees got taken from the bank instantly.

Apparently my application hadn't been "quality checked." They've had plenty of time, even working from home, to do that. Tons of state workers are doing the home office thing now. I don't see why non-sworn state police bureaucrats can't check the boxes from home and have the cards or the rejection letters sent from their printing office.

We do at my office, and my office is now up to 1998 in office automation...

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

My FOID card finally showed up today. I would love to say "trust the process" but it cannot be trusted at all. I had to go through one of my dad's old LEO contacts at the ISP to get things done. I would suggest that if you know someone at the ISP, have them look it up for you. My CCL renewal has been sitting in the inbox for over 400 days. At least now I can buy ammo when I can find it.

Hopefully the CCL will show up shortly.

scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

Plus the ISP data breach. They only say a few names/info was compromised, but I doubt they are releasing the real numbers.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

The data breach definitely didn't help. It sucks that people have to use connections these days to get things done.

It's why the illegal occupation of Illinois by Chicago needs to end now.

Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

Congratulations!
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.