Ruger bringing Marlin back

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Ruger bringing Marlin back

Post by Combat Controller »

Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Netpackrat

Re: Ruger bringing Marlin back

Post by Netpackrat »

Meh.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

With the big Remington breakup... who got the rights to the ACR?
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
evan price

Post by evan price »

Yay maybe I can start getting parts again.
Hopefully they keep the 60.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Better than even odds of actually saving a classic brand? <Ruger having a solid balance sheet and all>

That's one for the win column. Regardless of whether it's a brand that trips your trigger.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

blackeagle603 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:51 am Better than even odds of actually saving a classic brand? <Ruger having a solid balance sheet and all>

That's one for the win column. Regardless of whether it's a brand that trips your trigger.
Yep. My dad liked Marlins. And his favorite 336 he bought when he was in the Nav in the early 60s was stolen abut 10 years ago (recovered but he did not have any paperwork on it so couldn't get it back- AKA BS). With his eye problems he does not shoot anymore, but I might pick one up for old times sake.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

evan price wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:52 pm Yay maybe I can start getting parts again.
Hopefully they keep the 60.
It would compete with the 10/22

I would like to see them bring the camp carbines back, but the 9 competes with their pc9. Perhaps the 45?

If they do bring the 45 back, if they're smart, they'll use Glock mags, as you can get 26 Rd Korean mags.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Precision

Post by Precision »

Like most gun related things. I am taking a wait and see approach, especially considering the first round will be QA defective and very pricey to boot. But I wish them well.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

Precision wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:17 pm Like most gun related things. I am taking a wait and see approach, especially considering the first round will be QA defective and very pricey to boot. But I wish them well.
The first release of the product is the Beta tester release, isn't it? What was that really space age Remington pistol they brought back about five years ago and the As built was worse than one of JMB's initial prototypes?
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
Captain Wheelgun

Post by Captain Wheelgun »

Windy Wilson wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:46 pm
Precision wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:17 pm Like most gun related things. I am taking a wait and see approach, especially considering the first round will be QA defective and very pricey to boot. But I wish them well.
The first release of the product is the Beta tester release, isn't it? What was that really space age Remington pistol they brought back about five years ago and the As built was worse than one of JMB's initial prototypes?
That was the R51, a repro of an old John Pederson design with the caliber changed from .380 ACP to 9mm Luger. IIRC, they ended up recalling all of them and refunding the buyers.
"What is this, the Congress Avenue Independence Day Parade?" - Capt. Karl von Stahlberg, RTN
Republic of Texas Navy Archives