Review of the Taurus PT 1911

The place for your detailed reviews and reports for guns and gear
Cybrludite

Re: Review of the Taurus PT 1911

Post by Cybrludite »

Do yours have the lawyer-lock in the hammer, and if so, can they be gotten rid of by just swapping out the hammers?
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
oilcrash

Post by oilcrash »

Cybrludite wrote:Do yours have the lawyer-lock in the hammer, and if so, can they be gotten rid of by just swapping out the hammers?
I do believe the answers are yes it does have a locking hammer, and yes it can be replaced, some folks have reported that pt1911 ignition parts are not standard spec parts, while others have had no issue with the swap. But be sure to know what you are doing when fitting a new hammer or you could have a weapon that is unsafe for you. They also use the Colt series 80 firing pin block style safety feature as well which is easy enough to disable if you have the inclination. Though it leaves an unsightly slit in the frame which is easily filled with a shim you can get from Brownells.

BTW CC, did I give you those small parts when I handed her over to you?
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

Yeah, you can just pull out the hammer and no I never got the small parts from you Oilcrash.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
oilcrash

Post by oilcrash »

I may have to give you those sometime in the coming months.