Bucket of .45 Brass

The place to discuss ammunition, reloading, ballistics, loads, and chamberings.
NVGdude

Re: Bucket of .45 Brass

Post by NVGdude »

CByrneIV wrote:
$0.08 to $0.12 for culled, cleaned, and sorted by headstamp. $0.08 for unknown firing count, $0.12 for known once fired. .40 and .357 about the same
Chris, you are way high on the .40). John at Brassmanbrass.com sells once fired brass from police ranges $45/1000 for .40 S&W matched headstamp, $40 mixed. Last year I bought some .40 for $14/1000. There is so much .40 out there it basically goes for scrap prices.

Cleaned, sorted .45 and .357 is $85/1000 so you are right on there.
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

Careful it is not that unreloadable weird "enviro ammo" I have accidentally picked up at the range a few times. Small primers, federal headstamp, jam up the press like crazy.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

Would someone want once-fired brass over the unfired variety, or is once-fired a sort of guarantee that it hasn't been fired two or three or more times and will split the first time you use it?
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

With .45 ACP it does not really matter I would think. I have stuff I have been reloading for years and the headstamp is almost worn off. It is so low pressure there are no problems I can really think of.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.