AK ammo

The place to discuss ammunition, reloading, ballistics, loads, and chamberings.
Old Grafton

Re: AK ammo

Post by Old Grafton »

I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
toad

Post by toad »

I keep fumbling finger trying to get the sites online. Lucky gunner had 7.62X39 MM in lots small enough for me to buy...after payday.
I found a site where a guy was "fixing" NC Star stripper clips. He used a pair of pliers to adjust the clips by squeezing the clips width, thickness, and tension. The important thing was he had his bolt in a vise to he could insert the clip and adjust for fit easily and not have to worry about having the bolt locked back. Now I just have to justify buying the cheapest steel vise that Wilton has. One site had Bulgarian stripper clips for $ 2.60 each. So if I wanted to carry 60 rounds it would be about $16. That might be good enough for urban use and carry ? I'm seriously consider the Tech-Sights for the rifle (if I ever get it) for the longer sight radius. For the Chinese 56 rifle they recommend the 2800 series at about $83 . Still thinking about that one.
At least the DFW fun range is taking deliveries and I've dealt with them before. Getting a ride is going to add to the cost , dang it.
If I get a container I suppose I could buy some diesel fuel, it would be cheaper than WD-40. I'd also need to get a spray bottle from Sam's.
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

I made a giant Easy-Bake Oven to remove the cosmoline out of my SKS stock. Four 100-watt lightbulbs inside a galvanized steel garbage can does the trick.

I'm interested in getting some soft point stuff eventually. My Tula stock is all FMJ.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
Langenator

Post by Langenator »

Now that I live in Texas...I can just park my truck in the sun and leave the rifle in the back (it has a camper shell) with newspaper underneath in August. Same effect.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus