Revolvers, Brass, and Primers

The place to discuss ammunition, reloading, ballistics, loads, and chamberings.
JAG2955

Re: Revolvers, Brass, and Primers

Post by JAG2955 »

I'm sending it to Smith first, because it's much more free. If it doesn't work, then to Clark. If it still doesn't work, it may very well get sold.

:evil:
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

See item (c) above.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

If you'd have just bought a Glock 20 in the first place, you'd have yourself a usable pistol right now. :roll:
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Netpackrat wrote:If you'd have just bought a Glock 20 in the first place, you'd have yourself a usable pistol right now. :roll:
You, Sir, are NOT a nice person! But that was really funny!!

(I'd have advised a .45 Colt, but I wasn't consulted.)
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

but you'd have a Glock...

sort of like the old "I'd rather push a Harley than ride a rice-burner."
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

Netpackrat wrote:If you'd have just bought a Glock 20 in the first place, you'd have yourself a usable pistol right now. :roll:
But I would feel so...dirty.

*For the record, I own 3 Glocks, and actually carried one today. They are reliable, accurate, and soulless.

Oh hell. I realized that I could get a Glock 21, buy a 10mm barrel/recoil spring/mag, and there's a .460 Rowland conversion kit for it.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

JAG2955 wrote:Oh hell. I realized that I could get a Glock 21, buy a 10mm barrel/recoil spring/mag, and there's a .460 Rowland conversion kit for it.
I wouldn't feed a steady diet of full power 10mm to a G21 with a conversion barrel...

Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Denis

Post by Denis »

HTRN wrote:
Denis wrote:I thought I lived pretty deep in the gun-nut forest.
Do the trees look like this? :mrgreen:

If not, keep going, you're not deep enough. :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Wow. They must have BIG nuts!
Greg

Post by Greg »

Or a 329, or a 629 mountain gun.....
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

Netpackrat wrote:
JAG2955 wrote:Oh hell. I realized that I could get a Glock 21, buy a 10mm barrel/recoil spring/mag, and there's a .460 Rowland conversion kit for it.
I wouldn't feed a steady diet of full power 10mm to a G21 with a conversion barrel...

Everything that I've read said that the support was not necessary, only the mass, and it could be offset by a different recoil spring. Still, by the time you're doing all that, you may as well grab another slide. Or even just another pistol, since it's just a Glock.