Mosin-Nagant Stripper Clips...WTF?

The place to discuss ammunition, reloading, ballistics, loads, and chamberings.
Ben S

Re: Mosin-Nagant Stripper Clips...WTF?

Post by Ben S »

SeekHer wrote:I remember that BenS had a similar problem on the other site...I hope he'll see this and respond...
I canNOT believe you remembered that!!! :o That had to be 3 years ago. Jeebus man. :o

I kind of discovered the finger and thumb technique (apparently reinventing the wheel in the process) to work well.
The other thing I noticed was that new production steel clips tended to be problematic. Original ones worked better, as do newer brass ones.

I actually planned to order a batch of the ones from Classic Arms tomorrow. I'll write in to tell you al how they work out.

SeekHer...dude. You scare me sometimes.
Battleriflefan

Post by Battleriflefan »

I don't care for them, the rounds tend to slide out prematurely. I got a few to use to reload my SVT-40, but it is easier to remove the magazine, and reload it manually.
SeekHer

Post by SeekHer »

Ben S wrote:
SeekHer wrote:I remember that BenS had a similar problem on the other site...I hope he'll see this and respond...
I canNOT believe you remembered that!!! :o That had to be 3 years ago. Jeebus man. :o

SeekHer...dude. You scare me sometimes.
The memory thing is a curse of the family, my oldest brother had problems in school for cheating as he'd put down, verbatim, the lecture or the written answer with all periods, commas, indents etc...the rest of us just to a lesser degree of recall--percentage remembered and/or duration retained after reading it...

I'm more auditory then visual...I remember the prof's lectures but forget the written quicker!

It is/was not my intent to scare you…

You weren’t around earlier but shana tovah v’tekatavu…shana haba b’yerooshalyim!
There is a certain type of mentality that thinks if you make certain inanimate objects illegal their criminal misuse will disappear!

Damn the TSA and Down with the BATF(u)E!
Support the J P F O to "Give them the Boot"!!
Draven

Post by Draven »

my ancient-production steel clips work fine- they have a barely visible Ishy arsenal stamp on them.

The key is stacking the rims.