You can get your Gunthing.com posts now

This is the ONE and ONLY spot on this board where you can whine and bitch.
Highspeed

Re: You can get your Gunthing.com posts now

Post by Highspeed »

I got the email and tried to log on to collect some links to pics of my rifle projects I had posted ( the original pics died with my old laptop )

Didn't work for me, kept timing out.
All my life I been in the dog house
I guess that just where I belong
That just the way the dice roll
Do my dog house song
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Highspeed wrote:I got the email and tried to log on to collect some links to pics of my rifle projects I had posted ( the original pics died with my old laptop )

Didn't work for me, kept timing out.
Send your login to Chris and see if he can get them w/o timing out, although I didn't see any of the pics I posted.
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

CByrneIV wrote:As far as I know it's text content only, no attachments.
I believe Chris is right. I downloaded my data and did not get any photos back. There should have been a couple.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

CByrneIV wrote:Unless you are me apparently.

I didn't get the email sent out to everyone, but my wife did. Went to the link, tried to login, nope. No account.

Thankfully I don't care.
Me too (no email, login, nada). Was a huge shock... 8^)

I know that we all owe the DTs a debt of gratitude for bringing us together in the first place, but to me the whole thing seems like an immature reaction to people not doing what you wanted them to do, which is all I am gonna say about it.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

I have a couple of projects I want to save, including the snub nosed revolver comparison, the WECSOGS M1a with a dremal and rum, my homie post. Things that are either valuable, or I don't want to retype.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
randy

Post by randy »

CombatController wrote:I have a couple of projects I want to save... my homie post.
So let it be written! So let it be done!
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

Thanks Randy!
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

And thanks to whoever pulled my CZ-52 report off the old site. I totally forgot about that one, and didn't have a backup copy either like I did for the one on my Saiga.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Jeffro

Post by Jeffro »

I logged in and decided what was there was useless to me - without the contents of the threads the posts appeared in the data was largely irrelevant.

+1 to NPR's statement, as well.
A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.

Shane