Free on-line preparedness training

The place to talk about personal defense, preparedness, and survival; both armed and unarmed.
Cybrludite

Free on-line preparedness training

Post by Cybrludite »

FEMA's independent study page. Study now, so the Coasties don't have to pull you off a roof later. Also, it's a good source for certifications which look impressive on your resume.
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
randy

Re: Free on-line preparedness training

Post by randy »

For any Amateur Radio Ops out there.

Word that's been floating around is that ICS 100, 200, and 700, (with ICS 800 recommended) are going to be required in the near future (within 5 years) before being allowed to deploy into a disaster area as part of an Amateur Radio Emergency Service (ARES) response.

Also to be required will be the ARRL ARECC courses (NOT free) (how many levels, 1,2, or 3 will depend on your role) as well as American Red Cross Intro to Disaster and CPR/First Aid.

Basically all in response to lessons learned (some would say over reaction) from Katrina.

Even if you don't intend to assist EMA/FEMA types in an event, good info that lets you know what to expect and why some things happen the way they do.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".