What is your number one ,two,three etc carry peices ?

The place to talk about personal defense, preparedness, and survival; both armed and unarmed.
arctictom

Re: What is your number one ,two,three etc carry peices ?

Post by arctictom »

And I can add a 1895 CB in 45-70 as a truck gun.
Some of you guys must clink when you walk .
You live and learn.
Or you don't live long.
Draven

Post by Draven »

Same response last time this topic came up on gunthing....

"You can carry these things???"
Aglifter

Post by Aglifter »

Hmm... I didn't think anyone listed anything excessive... Might have been here too long...
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto
Factfind

Post by Factfind »

Smith snubby in .38 and two extra speed strips-always handy for days off and sitting in the yard
At work- a Wilson.45 CQB compact and two spare mags
For serious work engagements where gunplay is possible- Wilson full sized tactical.45 and Wilson combat shotgun.
I always have a microtech folder in my pocket and here on my computer desk I am looking at an Ed Brown Kobra Karry in .45
And then there's the safe, think the weapons room in Tremors :shock:
martini

Post by martini »

ok, guess it's time to update this, I picked up a Ruger LCP two weeks ago, have been to the range a couple of times and am thrilled with it. It weights less than my 638, is even easier to carry and with one spare mag I have 13 rounds instead of 10. It has become my new constant pocket carry.
Justice Sotomayor, States may have grown accustomed to violating the rights of American citizens, but that does not bootstrap those violations into something that is constitutional. — Alan Gura
arctictom

Post by arctictom »

I have switched to a 12 gauge Remington Marine behind the seat in my truck, we had a couple of drive by's in town and tactical shot gun is better than my 45-70 , so my list has changed to is 357 model 60 3" bbl, 12 gauge 18" bbl stainless , and 45-70 1895 GG.
You live and learn.
Or you don't live long.
Aglifter

Post by Aglifter »

Er... Drive-bys... in Alaska? I wouldn't have expected that type of crime. Personally, I'd vote for a semi-auto rifle w. armor piercing incendiaries...
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto
arctictom

Post by arctictom »

Yup its here, the question locally is much the same , is an AK-47 better or a shot gun , I went for the shot gun, less chance of over penetration. Bummer.
You live and learn.
Or you don't live long.
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

What the heck, it's only been 6 years since this thread died. Let's exhume it. My updated answer…

1) Springfield XDS in .45acp

2) Rossi six round snubbie in .38 special

3) Either of the above, with my NAA revolver in .22LR. For summer carry, depending on how I'm dressed, I sometimes am compelled to carry this only, but am glad I have it.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Jered

Post by Jered »

1) H&K P2000 (I didn't buy it.)

2) Ruger SP101 in .357 Mag

3) CZ-75 P01 in 9mm.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.