Move along in St. Louis

The place to talk about personal defense, preparedness, and survival; both armed and unarmed.
Netpackrat

Re: Move along in St. Louis

Post by Netpackrat »

I guess I should have actually read the article, I saw the bit about them "losing their guns" and assumed they had pled to a felony. They only lost the specific guns they used that day and paid an insignificant misdemeanor fine. I think plea bargains are evil in general but there's no way this wasn't a loss for the prosecution. Sounds like the governor may yet pardon them for the misdemeanors as well.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Netpackrat wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:57 am but there's no way this wasn't a loss for the prosecution.
You know that, I know that, BUT, the prosecutor gets to put one in the win column, maintaining their win loss record, and they'll sound good on the 20 second clip on the 6 o'clock news.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

I hadn't realized before that they lived on ... Portland Place.

Also, the loss of her gun was no real loss. Wasn't it a non-functioning exhibit of a junk manufacturer's gun for a trial or something like that?
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Weetabix wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:40 pm I hadn't realized before that they lived on ... Portland Place.

Also, the loss of her gun was no real loss. Wasn't it a non-functioning exhibit of a junk manufacturer's gun for a trial or something like that?
Yes, my grandmother used to live a few blocks away on Kingsbury Place and I used to walk past that house all the time and even chatted with the older couple that lived there at the times. It is a small world sometimes.
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »