GA Shooting

The place to talk about personal defense, preparedness, and survival; both armed and unarmed.
Vonz90

GA Shooting

Post by Vonz90 »

Yeah, these guys are going to prison and absolutely should. I would give them the death penalty if it was up to me.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/ge ... r-BB13F0P3
blackeagle603

Re: GA Shooting

Post by blackeagle603 »

Whoa, yeah. Pursuing like that... Crossed the line by miles.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Jered

Post by Jered »

Good lord those people are dumb. They deserve to hang for the betterment of humanity.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

Jaj istenim.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

https://nypost.com/2020/05/08/father-of ... ud-arbery/

Perhaps not the open and shut murder case the media would like everyone to believe.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
BDK

Post by BDK »

Imagine that. I realize it may not be how many people feel, but I still contend, once someone steps outside of the law, he no longer deserves the protection of the law, from the populace.

I don’t care if people shoot thieves, to recover their property, or the bum, screaming about how they want to kill him, or the bravo trying to intimidate them.

I think that should be between them, and their conscience/God.

Law, and civilization, are fragile things, won at a high cost. Threats to it, should be destroyed.
Fill

Post by Fill »

even if that was the neighborhood burglar, and I haven't seen anything other than he was trespassing at a home under construction, the way these two went about was negligent and showed a disregard for everyone's safety. You make a positive ID on a guy running past your yard, so you grab your guns and chase him for 5m in your truck, but at no point do you call 911? That's not OK.
Langenator

Post by Langenator »

Heck, if one or both of them could identify him and knew his name and that he was in the system (on probation), they could just call the non-emergency line to the local po-po. Where he lives is going to be on record.

I live in Texas, which have some of the most permissive laws in the country as far as using force to stop a fleeing thief. And even in Texas, you can only use force if the thief is fleeing with stolen property, and then only the force necessary to prevent the loss of the property. The force is being used to recover the property, not prevent the bad guy from running away. So unless they could positively know that he was attempting to escape with stolen goods, even in Texas they wouldn't have been justified in using force.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Fill wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 7:24 pm even if that was the neighborhood burglar, and I haven't seen anything other than he was trespassing at a home under construction, the way these two went about was negligent and showed a disregard for everyone's safety. You make a positive ID on a guy running past your yard, so you grab your guns and chase him for 5m in your truck, but at no point do you call 911? That's not OK.
He had a history of burglary, and was looked like a burglar caught on video, but wasn't caught.

Do I think he got caught in the act. Yes.
Do ithink these two dumbasses should go to jail? Yes
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

HTRN wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 10:24 pm
Fill wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 7:24 pm even if that was the neighborhood burglar, and I haven't seen anything other than he was trespassing at a home under construction, the way these two went about was negligent and showed a disregard for everyone's safety. You make a positive ID on a guy running past your yard, so you grab your guns and chase him for 5m in your truck, but at no point do you call 911? That's not OK.
He had a history of burglary, and was looked like a burglar caught on video, but wasn't caught.

Do I think he got caught in the act. Yes.
Do ithink these two dumbasses should go to jail? Yes
Yeah, pretty much my take too. He may have had issues, but that does not make him fair game to chase down and shoot on the street.

Also, I read that apparently the police were going o arrest him right after the event but the DA (with whom he is friends) told them not to. Sounds kind scummy.