FL: More people packing heat in Florida

The place to talk about personal defense, preparedness, and survival; both armed and unarmed.
308Mike

FL: More people packing heat in Florida

Post by 308Mike »

Linkarooni
More people packing heat in Florida
Posted By: Mike Aquilia 5 hrs ago

Jacksonville - Right now, more than a half million people in Florida have a concealed weapons permit. That's a 50% jump from three years ago, according to the Department of Agriculture. More than 23,000 of those people are in Jacksonville.

People you wouldn't even expect to carry guns now feel like they have to. We spoke to two Beaches businessmen, who rallied their friends, and got all of their permits together.

Marshall Reddy said, "I don't know if the permit makes me feel safer or not. I think it makes me feel a little more comfortable about what I can and can't do. But do I feel safer? Not necessarily."

Just because you have a license to carry a weapon, doesn't mean you have a license to use it. The law states they can only be used in self defense.

For more information on concealed weapons permits, and the laws surrounding them, click here.
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad