University Library: Ex Soldier 1, Knife Wielding Douche 0

The place to talk about personal defense, preparedness, and survival; both armed and unarmed.
Yogimus

Re: University Library: Ex Soldier 1, Knife Wielding Douche

Post by Yogimus »

I mean grab the bastard behind the neck and squeeze behind the ears as hard as possible for a minute or two straight
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Yogimus wrote:I mean grab the bastard behind the neck and squeeze behind the ears as hard as possible for a minute or two straight
You knowo darn good and well pain for pain's sake will never fly legally or ethically. Unless we bring back judicial corporal punishment, it's just ...crap, can't think of the term. Basically means torture to punish instead of get info.
If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom,...Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you...; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.

-Samuel Adams

Irate Islander
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

By the time all the folks annoyed by this weenie little bitch get finished with him he won't need to wear shades to look at his future.
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
Yogimus

Post by Yogimus »

Aaron wrote:
Yogimus wrote:I mean grab the bastard behind the neck and squeeze behind the ears as hard as possible for a minute or two straight
You knowo darn good and well pain for pain's sake will never fly legally or ethically. Unless we bring back judicial corporal punishment, it's just ...crap, can't think of the term. Basically means torture to punish instead of get info.
Not from a law enforcement perspective, but from a "victim" perspective.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Knowing there are people on campus that are ready to help out and do what’s necessary to keep people safe is a relief,” Jennifer McDanal, who also was studying in the library, told WOWT. “It’s really a blessing.
But, lordy me! No CCW, that's fer sure!
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Yogimus

Post by Yogimus »

CCW obviously led to this.
BloodlessWeevil

Post by BloodlessWeevil »

Yogimus wrote:Is it acceptable to cause pain for pain's sake in this particular scenario?
Is it ever? In a self defense/defense of others situation the intended victim may use whatever level of force is justified to stop the threat. It is not acceptable for random people to be administering punishment for a crime even (especially?) if that person was the victim of that crime.

That's the theory anyway, in practice it can be a very fine line indeed. My browser hates embedded videos with the fire of a thousand BSODs, so I cannot say where this particular case falls in that regard.
"I'm not in charge. I'm just goofing around." -Weetabix
Yogimus

Post by Yogimus »

Here is the way I feel about this: If a jackass were to pull a knife on me and I were to gain the upper hand as in the above scenario, I would go out of my way to cause as much agony as I could before police arrived.
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

I am not particularly proud of this, but I did it just once. We'd moved into a new neighborhood the summer before freshman year in high school. My twin brother and I had a run in with the local toughs at a neighborhood park, a "gang" if you will, just some lowlifes who hung out together and caused trouble. My twin got roughed up a bit. We were badly outnumbered at the time, and did not resist. It was war, though, and continued for years afterwards. I won't go into much detail about that now... one night though, after we'd graduated HS, I was with a friend at some other guy's house, late on a Saturday night. We were drinking beer and watching pro wrestling on the tube. Suddenly one of the punks walked into the house, followed by another dirtbag. The punk in question was very short, I was twice his size. He'd been drinking and huffing paint though, his face was covered with gold, he was very fucked up. I was sitting backwards in a kitchen chair, in the doorway between living room and kitchen. He came up to me and started giving me shit, telling me to take off my glasses so he could kick my ass. He asked if I thought I could whup him, I took off the glasses to um, think about it. :roll: He swung on me instantly. I just lowered my head a bit, his fist smacking into the crown of my head. I then stood up and performed a flying tackle on him, pinning him on the living room floor. I wound up straddling his chest, at which time I proceeded to beat him into the floor. He got every bit of years' worth of anger and resentment. At one point I tried to gouge his eyes out with my thumbs. I really fucked him up. My friend and I decided to beat feet when the punk hollered for the other guy to "go get the gun, Johnny, go get the gun!"

I saw the guy a few days later, while driving my ice cream man route. His eyes were swollen shut; hell, his entire face was swollen, black and blue. He recognized me, but didn't do or say anything. A couple of years after I moved to Colorado, I read that he and his older brother went to prison for beating a guy to death with a bar stool at some low dive. Maybe, if I'd killed him or done something different, that other guy might have lived. Who knows?
Eppur si muove--Galileo
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Yogimus wrote:Here is the way I feel about this: If a jackass were to pull a knife on me and I were to gain the upper hand as in the above scenario, I would go out of my way to cause as much agony as I could before police arrived.
Might make him think twice before doing it again, eh?
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D