Synthetic Knuckles For Your Feet?

The place to talk about personal defense, preparedness, and survival; both armed and unarmed.
Termite

Re: Synthetic Knuckles For Your Feet?

Post by Termite »

$26.30 for a pair?(they are sold in singles). I think with $3 worth of 24 gauge sheet steel and 30 min in the shop, I can make some that would cut/penetrate the hell out of someone.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Lokidude

Post by Lokidude »

Those would be in my way, all day every day. I'll stick with my steel toes and heavy soles.
workinwifdakids wrote: We've thus far avoided the temptation to jack an entire forum.

But what the hell.
Standing for Truth, Justice, and the American Way!
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

And here I thought they were oversized blanks/powder-charges used in the firing of various tools/devices. Hell, we used a modified .38 cartridge in the cable-cutter (firing a modified chisel-shaped piece across the cable and against a hardened steel block on the back side of the cable) on our CH-46's, especially on the one going through the Hell-Hole in the middle of the floor. It was FAR better to cut the cable than have the cable snap and come whipping up through the Hell-Hole and inside the cabin cutting everyone to ribbons!!

I was thinking it might even be MORE advantageous to have LIVE blanks in those things with mini-ball-bearings fixed under the primers so that if something of sufficient weight were to drop on your foot and cause them to fire, it might help break up the object, or at least possibly lessen the impact. Otherwise, having the ability to kick someone hard enough to cause those things to fire (even if they are blanks - they can still cause a LOT of damage at CONTACT RANGE), would create one hell of a hesitation once part of their body was blown away by three simultaneously-fired large-caliber blanks.

Just make sure there's a cushioned steel-plate under/behind those blanks to protect the top of my foot!!! ;) ;) ;)
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

I am intrigued by carbon fiber knuckles.
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

Weetabix wrote:and some Fury Pink Single Lock Handcuffs to hang on my belt.
Wow. Those are pretty stupid and dangerous. Handcuffs used in "adult play" need to have a way for the person being bound with them to get free in an emergency without the key.
Aglifter

Post by Aglifter »

SKB, my point was those things are essentially useless, but "look fierce". (If nothing else, I really can't imagine striking with the instep will go well)

It's like these sullen hipster assholes - they lack the grit to even be punks...

(I've been flying quite a bit recently - I keep running into sullen, intentionally rude hipsters, who re school chicken littles that they look terrified if you, very politely, ask them to get his elbow out of your ribs. And I'm not even scary anymore, just some old dude who works at a desk)
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

I can't even begin to imagine what charges a District Attorney would invent should one be arrested with those things laced into his boots. And I bet Eric Holder would shit his pants. A Federal crime to possess or manufacture in three, two, one.....
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

Jericho941 wrote:
Wow. Those are pretty stupid and dangerous. Handcuffs used in "adult play" need to have a way for the person being bound with them to get free in an emergency without the key.
I kinda get this but if you use ropes instead of cuffs there is no way they could be secure and also be releasable by the restrained party is there?
Lokidude

Post by Lokidude »

Kommander wrote:
Jericho941 wrote:
I kinda get this but if you use ropes instead of cuffs there is no way they could be secure and also be releasable by the restrained party is there?
Depends on the knots you use. I've been known to use a cheap caribiner that my partner in recreational nudity and funtimes could get to and release in dire situations. She'd still be cuffed, but not anchored and able to summon help or get to safety.
workinwifdakids wrote: We've thus far avoided the temptation to jack an entire forum.

But what the hell.
Standing for Truth, Justice, and the American Way!
Yogimus

Post by Yogimus »

Kommander wrote:
Jericho941 wrote:
Depends on the level of kink. For example, most folks will find velcroed on bracelets with a metal ring attached for rope to be more than sufficient.