85-Year-Old PA Woman Pulls Gun Burglar, Forces Him Call 911

The place to talk about personal defense, preparedness, and survival; both armed and unarmed.
308Mike

85-Year-Old PA Woman Pulls Gun Burglar, Forces Him Call 911

Post by 308Mike »

GO GRANNY!!!
85-Year-Old Pennsylvania Woman Pulls Gun on Burglar, Forces Him to Call 911

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

POINT MARION, Pa. — An 85-year-old woman busted a would-be burglar by pulling a gun on him, then forcing him to call 911 while she kept him in her sights, police said.

"I just walked right on past him to the bedroom and got my gun," said Leda Smith, of Springhill Township, about 45 miles south of Pittsburgh.

Smith heard the 17-year-old boy break into her home about 3 p.m. Monday. She grabbed a .22-caliber revolver she began keeping by her bed when a neighbor's home was burglarized a few weeks ago.

More.............
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
SoupOrMan

Re: 85-Year-Old PA Woman Pulls Gun Burglar, Forces Him Call 911

Post by SoupOrMan »

She was featured on Good Morning America this morning. They even had part of the 911 tape released of the call her erstwhile burglar made to the police. The kid who broke in kept saying he didn't do it while he was on the phone. It was kind of funny listening to the tape.

Here's the story and interview from Good Morning America.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
FastRope71

Re: 85-Year-Old PA Woman Pulls Gun Burglar, Forces Him Call 911

Post by FastRope71 »

The boy was not identified because of his age.
This is one of those things that does nothing to deter crime. The community should know who''s doing what when something of this nature comes down the pipe.

Protecting criminals is the least intelligent way to deal with crime.
If you are unwilling to give another man freedom in his life, do not expect to have it in your own.
It surely beats trying to figure out what the metrosexuals want ( a good hard kick in the nuts in my opinion, but that won't sell ice cream :D )- Highspeed