Defensive Tactics Against Mobs

The place to talk about personal defense, preparedness, and survival; both armed and unarmed.
Rusty Ray

Re: Defensive Tactics Against Mobs

Post by Rusty Ray »

Termite wrote:
Jericho941 wrote:
Termite wrote:Don't overlook 6-8oz Molotovs using methanol instead of gasoline, launched from one of those water ballon launcher things. The reason for methanol is no one will understand why some of the mob is running around screaming, unless it's dark, because methanol fires are invisible in sunlight.
To what end? "The hell's the matter with them?" is usually a much more muted response than "HOLY SHIT FIRE!"
You can get more of them before they run......... :twisted:
Only real methanol fire I ever saw was (in daylight) invisible. But once other stuff started to burn (the fairing on the drag bike, the riders coveralls, his leg etc) it became obvious what was going on.

Rusty
The Wizard

Post by The Wizard »

It seems methanol is an accepted flammable but to me it makes sense to pipe natural gas or propane into the sprinkler system. If activated you would get rotten egg smell (somewhat area denial) then if they had molotovs or were shooting at you the muzzle flashes or your flare or whatever could ignite the propane vapor and boom instant FAE.

As for shooting the goblin with the Molotov, I'm pretty sure that is a WW2 tactic, shoot the flamethrower man in the tank and you probably get him, and whoever is closest to him.
Keep your booger hook off the bang switch.

But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg. -Thomas Jefferson, Notes on Virginia, 1782
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

The Wizard wrote:It seems methanol is an accepted flammable but to me it makes sense to pipe natural gas or propane into the sprinkler system. If activated you would get rotten egg smell (somewhat area denial) then if they had molotovs or were shooting at you the muzzle flashes or your flare or whatever could ignite the propane vapor and boom instant FAE.
Might be a little hard on your real estate.....
Greg

Post by Greg »

MarkD wrote:
The Wizard wrote:It seems methanol is an accepted flammable but to me it makes sense to pipe natural gas or propane into the sprinkler system. If activated you would get rotten egg smell (somewhat area denial) then if they had molotovs or were shooting at you the muzzle flashes or your flare or whatever could ignite the propane vapor and boom instant FAE.
Might be a little hard on your real estate.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEYYYMuwCyA
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
The Wizard

Post by The Wizard »

Ok I guess it was a Bad Idea, I just figured strong masonry construction and not having the sprinklers right up against the house would solve the home deconstruction problem, even if it did scorch the walls.

But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg. -Thomas Jefferson, Notes on Virginia, 1782
Cobar

Post by Cobar »

Pressure waves can be pretty bad depending on the explosion.
The Wizard

Post by The Wizard »

Cobar wrote:Pressure waves can be pretty bad depending on the explosion.
True, I guess this is a case of brisance being a bad thing.

Greg

Post by Greg »

The Wizard wrote:Ok I guess it was a Bad Idea, I just figured strong masonry construction and not having the sprinklers right up against the house would solve the home deconstruction problem, even if it did scorch the walls.
Maybe a bit extreme for defensive measures, but I just always loved that Daffy Duck bit and couldn't resist the chance to post it. :lol:
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
henrybowman

Post by henrybowman »

See the aftermath of The Battle of Fregadishu, what tactics and tools would you have used?
Yogimus

Post by Yogimus »

henrybowman wrote:See the aftermath of The Battle of Fregadishu, what tactics and tools would you have used?
Is fregadishu slang for Mogadishu? Because Mogadishu was not "Mob violence" as much as a coordinated militia.