Hurricane preparations

The place to talk about personal defense, preparedness, and survival; both armed and unarmed.
cu74

Re: Hurricane preparations

Post by cu74 »

I just checked NOAA and it looks like Fay is just about to Tallahassee and moving west at eight knots. Perhaps you will have some relief by tomorrow morning. Be sure to "check in" and let us know how you're doing.
Jim Dozier - Straight, but not narrow...
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition.” - Rudyard Kipling.
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

cu74 wrote:Be sure to "check in" and let us know how you're doing.
Absolutely! I'm glad the brunt of the storm appears to have missed you. I hope the rest of our members in the storm's path do as well.
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
tfbncc

Post by tfbncc »

9:30 PM. Just had another tornado warning with cloud rotation spotted. No confirmation if it touched down. The cell passed about a mile to the west of me. Doesn't look like I'm going to get much sleep tonight.
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

tfbncc wrote:9:30 PM. Just had another tornado warning with cloud rotation spotted. No confirmation if it touched down. The cell passed about a mile to the west of me. Doesn't look like I'm going to get much sleep tonight.
Well, keep in touch and let us know if you need anything.
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
cu74

Post by cu74 »

tfbncc wrote:9:30 PM. Just had another tornado warning with cloud rotation spotted. No confirmation if it touched down. The cell passed about a mile to the west of me. Doesn't look like I'm going to get much sleep tonight.
I don't suppose you have a place to get underground? My guess is that Florida homes are similar to those in coastal South Carolina where I grew up - no basements because the water table is too high. The best tornado advice I can offer is to find the lowest spot you can and hunker down.
Good luck!
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition.” - Rudyard Kipling.
tfbncc

Post by tfbncc »

OK, final update. The storm is past now. Headed west along the Gulf Coast. Still intermittent heavy rains. Still some flooding around town. But here at the house, just lots of leaves and small branches to clean up. I never lost power, had no trees fall, hardly got any winds over 30 mph. The three tornadoes that passed me by did keep me up, but again, my luck held. So all is OK here. Thanks for all the advice. Until the next storm...

Ray
cu74

Post by cu74 »

Well now, that wasn't so bad, was it? :P

Poor attempts at humor aside, thanks for letting us know you are okay.
Spatially Adjusted

Post by Spatially Adjusted »

tfbncc wrote:OK, final update. The storm is past now. Headed west along the Gulf Coast. Still intermittent heavy rains. Still some flooding around town. But here at the house, just lots of leaves and small branches to clean up. I never lost power, had no trees fall, hardly got any winds over 30 mph. The three tornadoes that passed me by did keep me up, but again, my luck held. So all is OK here. Thanks for all the advice. Until the next storm...Ray
Some flooding? Geeze, by the look of all the news reports the entire state was under three feet of water!