Pullups

The place to talk about personal defense, preparedness, and survival; both armed and unarmed.
Highspeed

Pullups

Post by Highspeed »

My crusade to break what is left of my body after smashing it to bits on a motorcycle entered a new phase today with the introduction of a pullup bar.

I managed a pathetic 6 pullups and it really, really, really hurt.

" Don't make any effort doing another pullup Highspeed, if G-d wanted you to do another one he would have miracled your ass up there " :D
All my life I been in the dog house
I guess that just where I belong
That just the way the dice roll
Do my dog house song
First Shirt

Re: Pullups

Post by First Shirt »

I put a portable pullup bar in the doorway of my office, and I for a long time, would do 5 pullups before going in and getting on the computer. Some days I did 40/50, and pretty soon, I had to increase the sets to 10, to feel like I was accomplishing anything. Gonna hafta get that going again.

Thanks. Like I didn't have enough sore places already. :)
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Highspeed

Post by Highspeed »

First Shirt wrote:I put a portable pullup bar in the doorway of my office, and I for a long time, would do 5 pullups before going in and getting on the computer. Some days I did 40/50, and pretty soon, I had to increase the sets to 10, to feel like I was accomplishing anything.
50 pullups :shock:
Please tell me that you are in the military, that way I'll feel much less of a spaz.
Do my dog house song
randy

Post by randy »

HS,

"First Shirt" is a term used in the USAF to refer to the most Senior NCO of a unit (AKA The Right Hand of GOD!), and diamond in his Avatar is the one used on a set of Chevrons to distinguish a First Sergeant from anyone else of that rank.

He's the representative of the unit's enlisted personnel to a unit commander, and is one of the 3 people (along with the Commander and the Commander's Secretary) in a unit that no JR Officer ever wanted to piss off.

Our First Shirt has stated that he's retired, after a long career. (We share some of the same background, but at different times).

Hope that makes you feel better (and don't notice that it's an Air Force Puke that's doing the 50 pullups. Everyone knows we're all weak wimps. Just ask CC and Chris :twisted: )
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Highspeed

Post by Highspeed »

I still feel like a spaz, but thanks for the explanation Randy :D

There is no shame in being beaten by the best. But by a factor of almost 10 ? - I'll see if I can get it down to a factor of 5 ;)

If you can lend me Gunny Ermey for a couple of months then maybe it'll happen :D
Do my dog house song
HirosStorageUnit

Post by HirosStorageUnit »

I much like Chris was able to to 25ish back in the day when i used to wear a lot of green.

Now I'm down to 4.

My mile time went from a solid 7 to 7.5 to 11 minutes.

Ugh Im running a 1.5 mile course in 16:23 now.
well i have gotten it down from 12:53 per mile.
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

Er... 50 here chief... These days I am down to 15. Makes me feel like crap, gotta add that to my routine at the gym again....
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Denis

Post by Denis »

Erm.

Clearly I spend too much time around colleagues with infant children. I thought "pullups" were a kind of nappy (diaper) for toddlers of potty-training age.

Woe is I.
Joe ex PNG

Post by Joe ex PNG »

Bad joints here- currently am suffering from tendonitus in my right sholder. So, # of pullups is 0.
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

CByrneIV wrote:I used to be able to do 30, now I can do exactly 1.
Yeah, but I'm only pulling up about 150 lbs. I'd guess you're lifting a bit more, yes?
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom