Cold Steel Sword Cane

The place to talk about knives, swords, edged weapons, sticks and impact weapons, restraints, and and the techniques and tools for preparedness and survival without firearms.
HTRN

Re: Cold Steel Sword Cane

Post by HTRN »

Now that a cane is a permanent part of my life, I want to get one of those combat canes sold online.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
BDK

Post by BDK »

As you’re a machinist, what about making some out of carbon fiber rod, with a tungsten head, and a tungsten tip?
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

I was thinking about a cold steel city stick, actually.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
BDK

Post by BDK »

Aluminum and fiberglass sounds like a way to irritate a man.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

BDK wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:01 am Aluminum and fiberglass sounds like a way to irritate a man.
Hunh. Could have sworn they were stainless. Doesn't matter - getting popped in the noggin with one isn't going to be a pleasant experience either way.

SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

If I have to go the cane route, I'll make one out of one of my old carbon fiber hockey sticks. A 110 flex ought to be plenty stiff when it's cut down to cane height for someone short like me.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
randy

Post by randy »

Seems appropriate to this thread:

Man, 81, uses antique shillelagh to chase ruse burglars from Niles home

Marine vet. I would have personally had something more bangy to respond with, but it is Illanoy and this falls under the "if it works" category.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".