Buck Knife Model 110 now @ $28

The place to talk about knives, swords, edged weapons, sticks and impact weapons, restraints, and and the techniques and tools for preparedness and survival without firearms.
MarkD

Re: Buck Knife Model 110 now @ $40

Post by MarkD »

Malthorn wrote:Still shows @ $27.99 for me.
Me too
Catbird

Re: Buck Knife Model 110 now @ $40

Post by Catbird »

MarkD wrote:
Malthorn wrote:Still shows @ $27.99 for me.
Me too
That's weird. It changed back sometime last night.
"If at first you don't succeed, that's one data point." XKCD
Weetabix

Re: Buck Knife Model 110 now @ $28

Post by Weetabix »

Hmmph. I bought three more. Gave one to my son. I kept one. And I have 4 for future grandsons.

I was checking them all out to make sure they were OK. They were all a little stiff. No noticeable blade wobble. Fit and finish on the wood and brass were good. I picked the worst one for myself.

I was trying to handle them carefully so I wouldn't fingerprint them all up. I was being a bit awkward. The blade tips are very... pointy. The bleeding has stopped. :P
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

Weetabix wrote:Hmmph. I bought three more. Gave one to my son. I kept one. And I have 4 for future grandsons.

I was checking them all out to make sure they were OK. They were all a little stiff. No noticeable blade wobble. Fit and finish on the wood and brass were good. I picked the worst one for myself.

I was trying to handle them carefully so I wouldn't fingerprint them all up. I was being a bit awkward. The blade tips are very... pointy. The bleeding has stopped. :P
When I bought my first good knife (a Kershaw Storm) it came pre-sharpened, and with a pack of band-aids.

My father always impressed upon me that you never cut yourself with a sharp knife, only a dull one because you don't realize how sharp it is.
Denis

Post by Denis »

MarkD wrote:My father always impressed upon me that you never cut yourself with a sharp knife, only a dull one because you don't realize how sharp it is.
Sharp blades tend to bite in, and not slip off whatever you're cutting to get you instead, unlike dull blades. It is certainly possible to cut one's-self with a sharp blade, but at least that doesn't hurt as badly as a cut with a blunt one, and it heals better too!
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

I actually just poked myself lightly with the point while wiping the blade. It was silly, but I don't know if I've learned my lesson.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

Denis wrote:
MarkD wrote:My father always impressed upon me that you never cut yourself with a sharp knife, only a dull one because you don't realize how sharp it is.
Sharp blades tend to bite in, and not slip off whatever you're cutting to get you instead, unlike dull blades. It is certainly possible to cut one's-self with a sharp blade, but at least that doesn't hurt as badly as a cut with a blunt one, and it heals better too!
His point was that if you KNOW a blade is sharp you'll be careful with it. If you suspect it's not so sharp you're more likely to be careless, which is when you get cut. Just as most people are careful with straight razors.
Greg

Post by Greg »

MarkD wrote:
Denis wrote:
His point was that if you KNOW a blade is sharp you'll be careful with it. If you suspect it's not so sharp you're more likely to be careless, which is when you get cut. Just as most people are careful with straight razors.
Or with a dull knife you can get in the habit of 'making it cut' by applying a lot of force, which is dangerous.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
evan price

Post by evan price »

Looks like Amazon now requires over $49 in items for qualifying free shipping.
Really, Amazon? I still won't do Prime.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
evan price

Post by evan price »

Just fyi i'm at my local Cabelas, they have the Buck 110 commemorative knife which comes in a metal tin with the Cabelas logo on the blade, clearanced for $14.88 each. There's lots of them in stock.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!