Buck Knife Model 110 now @ $28

The place to talk about knives, swords, edged weapons, sticks and impact weapons, restraints, and and the techniques and tools for preparedness and survival without firearms.
Denis

Re: Buck Knife Model 110 @ $28

Post by Denis »

Weetabix wrote:
Denis wrote:Shiny!! I also could not pass those up at that price. I ordered one for myself, and one for CC... now I just have to figure out how to get to Texas and pick mine up!
You will, of course, let us know the details of your trip so those of us interested have an opportunity to witness the transfer and say hi, if possible? ;)
Never fear. If I manage a trip this year, I'll be on here getting it organised. So many people to see, places to go and goodies to order and carry home. Am wondering how to get a knee mill into a suitcase...
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

Well I pulled the trigger one three of them this morning, as well as a couple sharpeners. I'll report when they arrive.
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

The peer pressure was just too much! :lol: I just picked one up... for nostalgia.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

MarkD wrote:Well I pulled the trigger one three of them this morning, as well as a couple sharpeners. I'll report when they arrive.
Yeah, I broke down and bought a lansky kit, to pad out the order for free shipping. I feel so ashamed. :lol:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

They arrived today. I had bought three as gifts to give to future grandsons. I realize now that the one my uncle gave me was a 112.

Now I'm thinking about buying three more - one for me, one for my son, and one more for a future grandson.

My kids better get busy giving me grandsons.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
evan price

Post by evan price »

I added one on to another order, because great price for a great knife. Came today, nice and tight. Bigger than I want for edc but perfect for utility and camping.
I also bought a Caterpillar branded pen light with COB LEDs. Eleven bucks, and it will blind you. Great work light!
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

Amazon claims mine were delivered today, so I'll check them out tonight.

Like I said, you can never have too many knives or flashlights.
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

Well, they arrived yesterday as promised.

Damn they're nice knives. Big, solid, and one of few folders I've owned where the handle actually FITS my big old paws. And the blade is big enough to cause vapors for my fellow commuters (which is why I doubt these knives will EVER be inside NYC). All three are now razor sharp.

They're a bit big and heavy for my EDC, but my EDC knives get carried a lot and used a little, so size and weight is more important that utility. The only thing I would add if I could would be a mechanism for opening one-handed. I have a feeling one of these will accompany me anytime I'm out fishing or otherwise engaged in activity where cutting something is likely.

The sheaths, OTOH, are crap. They may be serviceable, time will tell, or I may need to get something more substantial (or repurpose something I already have).

I also got three Lansky sharpeners, the pocket type with the carbide and ceramic slots, the diamond rod and the ceramic part for serrated blades. Much nicer than the Smith I had before. One of these will permanently reside in the kitchen drawer, one in my tacklebox, and the third is a spare.
Catbird

Re: Buck Knife Model 110 now @ $40

Post by Catbird »

I noticed this evening that the price had gone up to $39.99. Still a good deal. Congratulations to everyone who got one at the old price.
"If at first you don't succeed, that's one data point." XKCD
Malthorn

Re: Buck Knife Model 110 now @ $40

Post by Malthorn »

Still shows @ $27.99 for me.