Tell me about your experiences with CIVIVI

The place to talk about knives, swords, edged weapons, sticks and impact weapons, restraints, and and the techniques and tools for preparedness and survival without firearms.
Greg

Tell me about your experiences with CIVIVI

Post by Greg »

So, in my many and varied pockets every day I carry things like an LCP2, SAKs in 2 different sizes, a tiny Leatherman, a flashlight, etc. I also carry a locking folder, namely a Kershaw Blackout.

It's a good knife, but mine is old ratty and beat up and it was never anything fancy to begin with. OK steel, plastic grips, etc.

I've been considering replacing it. I'd like something with a basic versatile drop point blade about 3-1/2 inches give or take, G10 or Micarta grips, liner lock is fine (I find frame locks to be overkill, as well as ugly and uncomfortable I know I'm unfashionable), want a deep carry clip plus a flipper (prefer them to thumb studs or holes or the weird shit Emerson does). Not too light, not too heavy - I still have a ZT200 but it's too damn heavy to edc.

So I am *sorely* tempted by several CIVIVI models, especially the Praxis and Brazen.

I know they're from a Chinese company and I'm as leery of Chinesium as anyone else but the parent company has a reputation as that rare thing - a Chinese company that attempts to distinguish itself by high quality. Anyway what's the word of mouth?
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Weetabix

Re: Tell me about your experiences with CIVIVI

Post by Weetabix »

No experience with your referenced knife, but I really like my Kershaw Cryo II. It's the only one I've had that stays very out of the way. I had a thinner (narrower?) Kershaw that didn't ride as well. Gave it to my son.

But I like knives, so depending on what you hear, I may try one of yours, too. ;)

ETA: a guy I work with has WAY too many knives. I'll check with him.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Greg

Post by Greg »

Carrying my new Brazen now. So far I like it quite a bit.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
D5CAV

Post by D5CAV »

I have a Civivi Vexer. I like it so much, I bought another one with a different handle color.

D2 steel with good fit and finish.

I prefer assisted openers, but the Civivi is smooth enough with the finger stud that I don't miss the assist.

I like a blade that is at least 3.5". The Vexer is about 3.7", about perfect for my taste.

They are on sale at BladeHQ for a little over $50, which is a great price for a D2 blade.

https://www.bladehq.com/?search=civivi+vexer
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe