Going to Phoenix

Announcements for your state or city.
TheArmsman

Going to Phoenix

Post by TheArmsman »

Looks like I will be up in Phoenix Wednesday night, staying over till Thursday due to a big job fair being held. Been very hard getting the security business going. So going to look for employment for myself while still getting that one running.

Was wondering if anybody up there as a couch I could occupy for the night. If so, would be much appreciated. Would be from Wednesday afternoon to early Thursday morning. Fair starts at 0900, but would be leaving well before that to be early.

Thanks in advance,
Kevin
When death is inevitable, style counts.

Survival trumps programming.
Steamforger

Re: Going to Phoenix

Post by Steamforger »

The part about it being tough amazes me because our security contractor is not living up to the terms of his contract, vastly under staffing and violating Davis-Bacon. I know some nasty grams have been sent his way, and will possibly be followed up with cure notices, but damn. How hard is it to provide the right number of people per shift and pay them properly?
TheArmsman

Post by TheArmsman »

Pretty damn tough.

The idiot who signed the paperwork for Raytheon to go contract security thought they would save money. Went from 140 armed officers down to 25. (Total, not per shift). Allied Barton had people showing up, do one security check tour, then quit and walk off the plant site. They are mis-managed, it is unbelievable.
When death is inevitable, style counts.

Survival trumps programming.
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

Sadly allot of security companies these days are only concerned with how well they can keep up the Kaubuki for as cheap as possible. Watching a general manager and a security manager go at it because I chose to play a situation slow and safe was always fun.