Cook Co. Illinois sheriff confiscations for FOID revokees

Announcements for your state or city.
Rich Jordan

Cook Co. Illinois sheriff confiscations for FOID revokees

Post by Rich Jordan »

sheriffs-team-working-to-seize-guns-from-thousands-in-illinois

If your FOID is revoked (or renewal declined) for any reason you are required to surrender the FOID but also to dispossess yourself of any firearms or ammo in your possession. Now the county sheriff (who is like most county pols, a machine tool) is going full force into the suburbs.

Note that some revocations are reasonable and proper, but the person affected really has no options about their firearms; it doesn't matter if the revocation was in fact a mistake or error; you have to get rid of your now prohibited firearms and ammo even if you are working to appeal the revocation. Having friends who still have FOIDs or are nearby out of state can be very necessary.

Some due process...
skb12172

Re: Cook Co. Illinois sheriff confiscations for FOID revokee

Post by skb12172 »

God Bless America. Any SWAT raids yet?
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

I'm amazed that in this post-Heller world, any citizen needs an FOID to keep a gun in the home.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

The ardor will decrease the first time the local SWAT team comes up a few members short after a raid. Godspeed the day.

I have to wonder, when one's First Amendment Owner ID card expires, do they send a crew around to rip out your tongue, break your fingers, excommunicate you from youor church, disconnect your phone and internet, and forbid you to assemble in public; or is it only the legal exercise of one's God-given Second Amendment rights that occasions the onerous issuance of an unconstitutional permission card??

This is a sheriff who needs to be shot, hung, drawn and quartered, and dismembered, on live TV, the body parts carried about the four corners of the county, and subsequently burned after the public display, with the ashes flung to the four corners of the earth.
If, in the beginning of the process, it takes twenty or thirty shots to first kill him, I'm OK with that.
If time and/or squeamishness is a factor, setting him gloriously aflame while alive would suffice, provided only that his screams are telecast.

Any deputies participating in such visits or raids should be fired, imprisoned in general population, and made liable to civil damages personally and individually.
Chicago having a history of tragic fires, advising their relatives and relations to flee the precincts post-haste wouldn't be amiss either.
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

I endorse Aesop's post in its entirety.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Precision

Post by Precision »

Netpackrat wrote:I endorse Aesop's post in its entirety.

I will second that. If I am correct, that passes the motion.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/