Rumpshot's Revenge V

Announcements for your geographic region, or province.
Rumpshot

Re: Rumpshot's Revenge V

Post by Rumpshot »

AZMARK wrote:Sorry, things just didn't work out so that I can attend this year's festivities.
Well Dang, Mark. I have 4 1/2 cases of clay pigeons that need to be dealt with. :lol:

You will have to represent us at the Nov OC Dinner.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Can we get some photos for those of us who can't be there?
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Photo's, we don't need no stinkin photos!!! :lol:

Come and join in and you will see all the fun there is to be had.

Photo's will follow.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Rumpshot wrote:Photo's, we don't need no stinkin photos!!! :lol:

Come and join in and you will see all the fun there is to be had.

Photo's will follow.
*SNIF SNIF*

Kimberly and I weren't able to make it due to financial considerations, the fuel bill would have been more than we could afford even though this time the RV was currently registered.

Have you ever had a migraine which didn't produce pain, but only sickness? Kimberly is having one of those right now. Anything producing light and or flashing light (from a TV) is making her violently ill, and the advantage of the RV is she can be ill at BOTH ends at the same time and not miss either of them since the toilet is close to the restroom sink.

It's actually a good thing we didn't even try because she's been violently ill for the past two days, starting at 0730 yesterday morning (but actually began before that and didn't force itself upon her until the morning - as she's been feeling ill for days before then).

Both of us WANT to go to RR IV, but between her illness and our finances, we simply couldn't make it, so we HAVE to enjoy RR IV via photos from you folks, so please take as many photos as you can and share for your fellow forum members who weren't able to attend - it would be GREATLY appreciated.

I always enjoy taking the RV out and setting it up so others can also enjoy the shelter of the RV awning, whether it's due to sun or rain, we've found it comes INCREDIBLY handy at campsites and outings.

*SNIF* I with we were out there with the rest of you! :D :D :D Blasting caps and making BOOMS with Tannerite (we're not allowed to use Tannerite at our local ranges)!

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

It is 28 degrees outside here at the house. It won't be quite so cool up where the guys are camped on the range. I have some pictures in the camera and will post some later today.

Small turnout, but quality time anyway. Great opportunity to visit with like minded folk with a bonus of shooting on the side.

Flintlock Tom showed up Friday afternoon about 3 and JohnOC & Kommander arrived around 4.

Started off the day with Tom and Kommander making a hike up the hill with about 4 billion square feet of steel, well about a 4 sqft piece anyway. The big white square rock is approx .15 mile from the firing line and a hundred vertical feet higher. The half inch thick plate is cratering pretty nicely, but no hole punched through yet. We have the Ram, Pig, Turkey and Chicken targets on loan from my local friends. I added the large plate and a smaller about 12" square of diamond plate to my inventory.

Fired the mortar to kick off the shooting. We busted caps on Tannerite. John had about 6 half pound jars left over from previous years. Also posted two of the Sure Shot targets that 308 mike had graciously left behind a couple years ago. The first one fell off the plate and was ignited by splatter while laying on the ground. Very small fire. That stuff will start a fire easily. I had a half pound "Star Exploding Target". I picked it up at Cabela's a while back and it is pricey. Looks and acts just like Tannerite.

We shot rifles, pistols and shotguns. Taking a few breaks for relaxation and to shoot some bull. Tom got both of his new rifles sighted in. We threw some clay pigeons and burned up one box of clays.

By the way Mike this is RR V! This foolishness has been going on for FIVE years now! All kicked off with a successful, but stressful NoR Spring Shoot at Ben Avery in April 2005. Then a wild idea was fleshed out that fall with RR I.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Sorry I missed it again. Thought this was finally going to be the year. Had a chance for my wife to fly to Seattle Thursday for a long weeked with her 2 oldest friends. That left me with the duty around the homestead.

A well. Got some concrete done and managed to get laid up -- spasmed my low back. :roll: Wasn't a total loss. :lol:
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

The Gun Counter Social Society has convened and adjourned the annual meeting at the Rumpshot's Revenge V.
sign.jpg
The dinner crowd, consisting of Flintlock Tom, JohnOC, Kommander, Rumpshot & Mrs Rumpshot, agreed that Chris' Chili recipes are pretty good, if you have asbestos taste buds.

Pending new members were in attendance and quite enthusiastic about RR V! They live just over the ridge and plan to be there next year.
Dale & Pat.jpg
Dale on the left is policing up brass. Pat is shooting my .45-70.

At breakfast at the site were Kommander and Flintlock Tom. The photo of JohnOC came out blurred for some reason. Note Kommander's stylish kilt.
Kommander-1.jpg
Tom is a bit more laid back.
Tom at Breakfast.jpg
Speaking of Tom, here he is with his M1 Garand.
Tom.jpg
To be continued....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Here is Tom's HIGH TECH brass catcher. Note the mounting mechanism...
Brass Catcher.jpg
And that Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, and HTRN, concludes the photographic efforts put forth by Rumpshot.. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

I'm glad Tom was able to make a brass catcher which extended far enough from the ejection port to not create any jams. Since that brass catcher was obviously NOT a purchase from the local sporting goods or gun shop, I wonder how long the development process took and how much "trouble-shooting" was involved? :lol: 8-) :D

Kommander

Post by Kommander »

Rumpshot wrote: Note Kommander's stylish kilt.
Kommander-1.jpg
Note Kommanders soon to be sunburned legs...