Rumpshot's Revenge 2014

Announcements for your geographic region, or province.
JohnOC

Re: Rumpshot's Revenge 2014

Post by JohnOC »

I think we'll probably be able to swing the hotel for Saturday night, so we'll likely come up early Saturday morning, stay for the day and dinner, and maybe visit Sunday morning as well. We'll need to be back to Phoenix by 1 pm on Sunday.
The government that is big enough to give you everything you want, is powerful enough to take everything you have. – Thomas Jefferson
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

John, sounds great.

Mike, based on the Ebola thread, you need to get the tires on your motorhome yesterday. I do have room at the ranch to park you and make water and electric available...
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Rumpshot wrote:Mike, based on the Ebola thread, you need to get the tires on your motorhome yesterday. I do have room at the ranch to park you and make water and electric available...
Sounds great!
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Is anyone who is too far away and in the south east interested in an alternate shoot on some other date? I've started a thread here.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Weet, I hope you can pull off an eastern version of RR. Who knows, I might attend one, when things slow down a bit.

For the rest of you, I would like an idea how many of you plan to attend.

To sweeten the pot a bit, I now have an electric trap. We can throw clay birds faster than before and with the foot pedal, the shooter can fling the birds for him/herself.

We will be staging from the new house. Currently planning to use the garage for our Saturday evening feast. Tours of the house will be conducted. I expect there will be electricity available for well water and lighting. I don't expect the house to be electrified yet.

The usual caveats apply. Will be doing setup on Friday (Halloween), shooting Saturday and Sunday. Bring your guns and ammo. I will have some steel targets. Paper targets will mostly need frames. Pumpkins are welcomed. I still have Tannerite on hand from previous years. I have Tom's ez-up and my 10x10 awning. Bring tables, targets, some clay pigeons and ammo. Cameras are welcome too.

For those that plan to camp, the forest is free. Will pass the hat for the hooter and Saturday night food. There will also be some camping sites available at the house from Friday afternoon through Sunday afternoon.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Looks like temps in the mid-70's for RR 2014. Lows above freezing, but still brisk.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Up to the site today. The road looks better, but is rougher than a cob. Someone has a couple of rock cairns set up to guide others in, but the last one is 100 yards short of our location.

Will "borrow" the hooter from the house construction, so no need to pass the hat.

The drywall is going up in the house and garage right now. Should be mudded/taped and painted by Halloween.

How about some of you other Arizonan's making a trip up to shoot and visit with other members? Just over a week away.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
JohnOC

Post by JohnOC »

Just made the hotel reservation. Me plus 3 are coming Saturday and staying overnight. We might not make it up to the site very long on Sunday though.
The government that is big enough to give you everything you want, is powerful enough to take everything you have. – Thomas Jefferson
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Flintlock Tom? AZMark, other Phoenix area folks? Tucson folks? I think Rod had other obligations.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Flintlock Tom

Post by Flintlock Tom »

Sorry, can't make it. But, thank you for thinking of me.
I'm getting our house ready to sell and am 2 months behind schedule.
If time, chance and random process can produce a platypus why not an ammo tree?