Rumpshot's Revenge 2011

Announcements for your geographic region, or province.
Rumpshot

Re: Rumpshot's Revenge 2011

Post by Rumpshot »

Just posted a couple of pictures and a short video on facebook of the RR site.

Those posts and this one are via my new Verizon MiFi. 4G capable, only 3G available in Paulden. :(
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Me & Flintlock Tom, mano a mano! Steel target. Offhand. Iron sights! Should be fun. 285 yards or so, uphill. Steel is approximately 1'x4'.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Should mention, .45-70.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Weather report. This morning at 6 AM it was right at 32 degrees at the house. It could be a bit warmer up the hill at the site.

Low this month at the house: 28.6 and a high of 89.5. Average wind speed: 2 mph with a high of 35 mph.

You can access my weather station, if the computer is online, at: http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstat ... =KAZPAULD3

My old XP computer works great for a variable period of time, then quits. Reboot/restart and it is good to go again, sometimes.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Flintlock Tom wrote:
308Mike wrote:
Flintlock Tom wrote:Mike, if you have some stuff to send along, give me a call and I'll pick it up.
If I can dig up some books to take for Dana, do you think you might have some room? If so, I'll see about trying to get together some more books for their store, including (perhaps) all of my MHI books. For some reason, I'm finding it difficult to part with them even though I've read each one several times (but I haven't read Dead Six more than once). Each time I re-read a book, I ALWAYS pickup something I missed the previous times. ;)
Mike, I'll have room for one box. Like a file storage box.
You have my e-mail.
Tom, with all the crap going on at our home, I regret I haven't been able to get enough items together for you to take to Rumpshots. Please proceed without our contributions, and we hope you have a "explosive" time, if not a well-read one!!!. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Rod

Post by Rod »

Talked to Rumpshot on the phone last night. I'm not going to be able to make it for a variety of reasons. Take plenty of pictures so I can be jealous of all of you who do show.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Bit coolish outside, 26 degrees at the house!

Will be headed up the hill to the site soon. 3 camps up there. Got the site setup with several targets yesterday. Flintlock Tom placed distance markers from 25 yards to 200 yards.

Should be a bunch of local folks show up for the shoot. Not so much on the Guncounter folks this year. Sure wish that BE603 could have brought the young Marine over for some fun. Haven't gotten a rise out of Workin. He has family in the area and should come over to visit. Rod has a pretty good excuse this year as does Chris and Mel. Kommander has bowed out due to work, that is a pretty lame excuse.

On site are Dino and Little Sister, Flintlock Tom (all siblings); AZ Mark, and John OC.

Don't know about any full auto weapons for sure. Could be a couple. The guy from Gunsite may show up, but without any FUN switches.

Got a couple of folks are planning on Sunday afternoon. Hopefully they are early since we usually are cleaning up by then.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
randy

Post by randy »

Have fun. Get LOTS of pictures!
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Sure wish that BE603 could have brought the young Marine over for some fun.
Yeah, I thought this would finally be the year. /sigh/

He's back to working 11-12 hour days and I've got some irons in the fire the can't be ignored.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

All y'all that missed it, missed a good one.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona