Rumpshot's Revenge 2011

Announcements for your geographic region, or province.
Rumpshot

Re: Rumpshot's Revenge 2011

Post by Rumpshot »

Those .22 targets look suspiciously like the "Sure Shot" targets that 308Mike brought over a couple years ago. Will have to make sure to clear around them to prevent any fires. A couple of WET (read HEAVY) gunny sacks and a couple buckets of water should back up the cleared area.

I booked the Porta-John. Price has gone up this year, now $95 for the weekend.

Will try to make a run up to the site this weekend. Hope the neighbors that shoot just up the road can join us this year.

How about a head count on who plans to be there for dinner on Saturday night.

Flintlock Tom and siblings, Friday night Fish Fry is $10.00 per head if you are interested. The Mrs. and I would be interested. Anyone else. This is in Chino Valley.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

Rumpshot wrote:Those .22 targets look suspiciously like the "Sure Shot" targets that 308Mike brought over a couple years ago. Will have to make sure to clear around them to prevent any fires. A couple of WET (read HEAVY) gunny sacks and a couple buckets of water should back up the cleared area.
*Kommander Activates Preliminary State Evacuation Plans*
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Tom, if I'm not able to go, I might still be able to provide some of my remaining SureShot targets. I'll have to see if I can dig them up.

SOMEONE PLEASE make sure you get LOTS of photos for the rest of us who may be only able to attend in spirit and not body.
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Dinochrome

Post by Dinochrome »

Rumpshot wrote:Those .22 targets look suspiciously like the "Sure Shot" targets that 308Mike brought over a couple years ago. Will have to make sure to clear around them to prevent any fires. A couple of WET (read HEAVY) gunny sacks and a couple buckets of water should back up the cleared area.

I booked the Porta-John. Price has gone up this year, now $95 for the weekend.

Will try to make a run up to the site this weekend. Hope the neighbors that shoot just up the road can join us this year.

How about a head count on who plans to be there for dinner on Saturday night.

Flintlock Tom and siblings, Friday night Fish Fry is $10.00 per head if you are interested. The Mrs. and I would be interested. Anyone else. This is in Chino Valley.
Fish-Fry sounds good to me and Little Sister. We are making preparations for getting underway on Tuesday, should reach Pauldon early Friday. We will contribute to the PortaPotty fund; an item of special interest to L. Sister. Dinner on Saturday sounds good too.

By the way, our approach will be from the north, off of I-40 west of Flagstaff.
"Fair is fair; If somebody tries to kill you, kill them right back."
Captain Malcolm of Serenity
Flintlock Tom

Post by Flintlock Tom »

I was hoping to leave San Diego Thursday night but it's looking more like I won't be able to get on the road until early Friday. I plan to be to Chino Valley early afternoon, like 1 or 2ish.

Mike, if you have some stuff to send along, give me a call and I'll pick it up.
If time, chance and random process can produce a platypus why not an ammo tree?
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Flintlock Tom wrote:Mike, if you have some stuff to send along, give me a call and I'll pick it up.
If I can dig up some books to take for Dana, do you think you might have some room? If so, I'll see about trying to get together some more books for their store, including (perhaps) all of my MHI books. For some reason, I'm finding it difficult to part with them even though I've read each one several times (but I haven't read Dead Six more than once). Each time I re-read a book, I ALWAYS pickup something I missed the previous times. ;)
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
JohnOC

Post by JohnOC »

I have some Tannerite I'll be bringing.

Planning to get on the road AM Friday, so there by noon or so. I'll be camping at the site.

I wouldn't object to going out for dinner Friday but I'm not sure of this fish-fry concept. I don't generally hold truck with eating fish. Do they have other menu options there?

Definitely in for Saturday evening dinner.
The government that is big enough to give you everything you want, is powerful enough to take everything you have. – Thomas Jefferson
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Dino, from Flag head west to Ashfork. South on Hwy89 25 miles to Paulden, right turn on Big Chino and the directions merge.

John, the Windmill House in Chino Valley has a fish fry with the usuall trimmings, they also have a variety. Linky. Looks like baked chicken and pasta dishes for alternatives. $10.00/person includes non-alcohol beverages, beer and wine available at the bar.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Flintlock Tom

Post by Flintlock Tom »

308Mike wrote:
Flintlock Tom wrote:Mike, if you have some stuff to send along, give me a call and I'll pick it up.
If I can dig up some books to take for Dana, do you think you might have some room? If so, I'll see about trying to get together some more books for their store, including (perhaps) all of my MHI books. For some reason, I'm finding it difficult to part with them even though I've read each one several times (but I haven't read Dead Six more than once). Each time I re-read a book, I ALWAYS pickup something I missed the previous times. ;)
Mike, I'll have room for one box. Like a file storage box.
You have my e-mail.
If time, chance and random process can produce a platypus why not an ammo tree?
JohnOC

Post by JohnOC »

Rumpshot wrote: John, the Windmill House in Chino Valley has a fish fry with the usuall trimmings, they also have a variety. Linky. Looks like baked chicken and pasta dishes for alternatives. $10.00/person includes non-alcohol beverages, beer and wine available at the bar.
Shiny. I'm in for that. I'll be up at the site by noon friday for set-up and such.
The government that is big enough to give you everything you want, is powerful enough to take everything you have. – Thomas Jefferson