Chicago Bound

Announcements for your geographic region, or province.
SoupOrMan

Chicago Bound

Post by SoupOrMan »

One of the online gaming groups I'm in has a yearly meeting up on the Northwest side for a karaoke night/ drinking festival at a local bar. That's on Saturday June 11th. I'm going to be in the area on Thursday the 9th since there's usually something else going on the two nights prior. That leaves a lot of day time left wide open. Anyone in the Chicago/ burbs area available for lunch next Friday or Saturday? I was thinking of hitting the Exchequer if it's not too crowded.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
Bob K

Re: Chicago Bound

Post by Bob K »

Soup,

I'm a half block east of Wrigley Field. PM me, and let's lift one.

Best,

Bob K
"Youth and skill are no match for age and treachery." Unknown

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.” Sigmund Freud

"Oderint dum metuant." ("Let them hate, so long as they fear.") Accius
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

This is the drink menu from a nerd bar in Seattle called "The AFK Tavern."

AFK Drinks

I can say with certainty that there is a point when the "We should have shotguns for this" you just ordered yet another of shows up in 16oz pint glasses. What I can't say for certain is whether the bartender considered it an award, or was simply upping the ante.
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

Half a block east of Wrigley? I'll be sure to not wear my Cardinals cap...

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

Message sent, by the way.

SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

Well, I managed to get back from Chicago without a scratch, or even much of a hangover. Thanks for giving coming out to the far side of Chicago and for giving me the info for the tobacco shop, Bob! Sadly, I got pulled away from my original itinerary of going downtown and wound up going into the suburbs instead with some of my friends. It's all right, though, I'll just have to make another trip upstate.