San Diego Environs

Announcements for your geographic region, or province.
308Mike

Re: San Diego Environs

Post by 308Mike »

Actually, I think this is a GREAT time for Workin' to join us for some GREAT food, good drink, and GREAT company!!

And with Workin' there, I think we might be able to get even more members and/or lurkers to join us for dinner. The lurkers will just have to identify themselves and let us know they're just lurkers and want to join us as brothers-in-kind. After all, we don't bite (unless you're food!), and if we can make you feel more comfortable around us at the dinner table, perhaps you'll speak up online, if only to offer your own comments. Eventually, we'll get around to a subject a lurker will be VERY knowledgeable in and it would be unfortunate for us to lose their knowledge and expertise just because they weren't comfortable with our members.

We encourage everyone and anyone to post comments, and that's frequently the easiest way to get used to the crowd as you gauge our reaction to your posts. We have very few rules, and those we do have, are VERY easy to follow - especially the one about being respectful of your fellow forum members (although it CAN be trying at times). Overall, we have a GREAT group of people here and the more, the merrier!!

So, if we have a Get-Together here in San Diego, any lurkers are more than welcome to join us!! Just pick up the check and all will be fine! ;) ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: (JUST KIDDING!!!), but I'm not kidding about asking the lurkers to come and join us. We're a GREAT bunch of people even if we live all over the place, and you need to realize that there are MANY folks who feel the same way we do, but the liberals are trying to drive us underground while their SCREAMING LEFTIST President is in the White Horse (HeHeHeHe), filling it with HORSE SHIT.

As far as the food goes, they'll just have to settle with Horse Raddish instead of Horse Apples. :lol: :lol: :lol:

If we want to find a balance between seafood and red meat, at a fairly central location, my vote would have to go to: The Brigantine. If we don't need seafood, my vote would be for Pinnacle Peak's restaurant, if Italian, I'd vote for Olive Garden and it's various locations (of course, the Santee location would be a the TOP of MY list), but we also have The Red Lobster for seafood, which is right off Interstate 8 in La Mesa (the closest one to me), otherwise we have several in San Diego county.

As far as I'm concerned, the more Gun Counter folks we have there (declared and not declared but are believers), the better. Unfortunately, we're not a free state, but even so, anyone trying to do anything life-threateningly criminal in our presence would be well suited to having their will up-to-date. After all, they just might get beaten-to-death with a lobster claw or a crab leg, or perhaps even a large fish tail!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

The May 19-22 timeline has been requested for vacation dates. I will be in the San Diego area on those dates. The particular schedule of events for those dates is TBD.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Sea Dawg wrote:Regret that I will be out of town on those dates. You all have fun!
Dang, Sea Dawg. Was hoping to get a chance to see you and visit again. :cry:
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

I haven't said much this being a crazy busy season on the home front thru July 4 week (wall to wall kids, camps, conferences, musicals) but according to CINCHOUSE we're still looking clear that weekend. Sweet.

How about we just fire up the barbie and roast some flesh here at our place?
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

blackeagle603 wrote:I haven't said much this being a crazy busy season on the home front thru July 4 week (wall to wall kids, camps, conferences, musicals) but according to CINCHOUSE we're still looking clear that weekend. Sweet.

If that works for you, it works for me. Tom?
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

blackeagle603 wrote:I haven't said much this being a crazy busy season on the home front thru July 4 week (wall to wall kids, camps, conferences, musicals) but according to CINCHOUSE we're still looking clear that weekend. Sweet.

Works for me. Perhaps flesh and crustaceans? ;)

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Flintlock Tom

Post by Flintlock Tom »

Good for me.
Let's see if we can round up a few more gunnies from the area.
If time, chance and random process can produce a platypus why not an ammo tree?
Sea Dawg

Post by Sea Dawg »

Rumpshot - Yeah I was hoping so too, but we (SWMBO and I) are locked in to plane tickets for a vacation. Date not negotiable either beacuse of some family commitments for SWMBO. :(
A free people ought ..to be armed. Geo. Washington, 1790
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Sea Dawg wrote:Rumpshot - Yeah I was hoping so too, but we (SWMBO and I) are locked in to plane tickets for a vacation. Date not negotiable either beacuse of some family commitments for SWMBO. :(
Well make the best out of it and enjoy the vacation. We will catch up another time.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Any thoughts as to how we want to do this? Pot-luck? BYO? Donate to a common purchase cache? Something to think about.