San Diego Environs

Announcements for your geographic region, or province.
mousegun

Re: San Diego Environs

Post by mousegun »

I an now oficially "On the Fence". Looks like I'm going to be in Dallas Tx. May 15-20. We should be scheduling to fly out Fri. evening, but knowing how business travel goes............. :?
workinwifdakids

Post by workinwifdakids »

Well, now... look, if you're going to talk Chilean Sea Bass, I must chime in with my most recent conversation about Sea Bass right here on this forum.
...I can't recall if I ever told this story here, but my buddy and I are always careful to offload our rifles from the vehicle into the house when there's no one outside and when there isn't a car passing by. We both had a zippered black rifle "soft case" in our hands when out of the blue these two kids come screeching to a halt on their bikes right beside us. They were maybe 10 years old, if that.

The kids are talking back and forth, and to us, like they were high. "Oh, man, are those guns what type of guns I can't believe we're actually seeing guns that is so cool where do you go shooting I mean that would be so do you remember that one scene in Transformers yeah that was cool hey mister is that your kind of gun?"

Jesus Christ. I said, "Boys, these are fishing poles." The kids look at each other and out of the corner of my eye I can see my buddy's eyes go wide and incredulous at how I'm going to pass this one off. The kids look at me: "Yeah, but Mister, those are gun cases." I said, "You two are real smart, for sure, and these ARE rifle cases! But have you ever tried to stack two fishing poles at once into a fishing pole case?" I had their attention now! My friend was biting his tongue off to keep from laughing.

I said, "You can't do it. Plus, those pole cases are hard and damned expensive! No, for $10, a smart man will go down to Big-5 and buy a soft rifle case, and then you can do whatever you want with your fishing poles." The boys had completely bought into it and started in on how they went fishing last year, and how fun it was. Then they looked at me and said, "Where do you go fishing?" I said, "All over, but today we were over at Lake Perris. You ever been?" Now, Lake Perris is a freshwater lake.

The boys said, "Oh, yeah! That place is great. What do you usually catch?"

I replied, "Sea bass. Chilean sea bass."

The kids said they loved fish, and rode away, whereupon my buddy looked at me with a mix of admiration and disdain and muttered, "Sea bass."
And may I say, from a moral point of view, I think there can be no justification for shoving snack cakes up your action.
--Weetabix
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

308Mike wrote:Oh, come on, you've never been on a two-day boat? Cruising WAYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyy offshore looking for those tasty morsels who are just itchin' to fight you for their flesh??
"Way, way" offshore?! The damn things live in Antarctic waters. :shock: And if I want to fish for scary maneaters, well, Montauk is a daytrip. ;)

And oh, I just saw that movie a coupla weeks ago - they had it running on the THIS network. :lol: I particularly found it funny when they were burying the Confederate colonel and they opened the casket and found a black guy. :lol:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Evyl Robot

Post by Evyl Robot »

HTRN wrote:"Way, way" offshore?! The damn things live in Antarctic waters. :shock:
Are we still talking Chilean seabass? I thought those suckers stuck to the tropical waters around Chile/Argentina...
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Chilean Sea Bass, or Patagonian Toothfish to use their proper name, mainly live in the Ross sea, off the coast of the Ross Ice shelf in Antarctica.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Evyl Robot

Post by Evyl Robot »

Shows what I know about fishing! :oops: :lol: