CC's 3rd Annual Shooting Fiesta ATTENDANCE/LODGING SURVEY

Announcements for your geographic region, or province.
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Re: CC's 3rd Annual Shooting Fiesta ATTENDANCE/LODGING SURV

Post by Combat Controller »

Friday night we will probably go eat with whomever is in town. Email me for my number if you don't have it yet.

Make reservations soon, SXSW tends to take them all up.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
cu74

Post by cu74 »

Reservation made. Quite a few of the hotels/motels in the South Austin/Airport area had no rooms available. IF you haven't made reservations yet, you might want to get on that.....
Jim Dozier - Straight, but not narrow...
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition.” - Rudyard Kipling.
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

Heh. I've had mine for about a month. Once I found out that SXSW was the same weekend, I hurried.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
JimTX

Post by JimTX »

NEW QUESTION:

At the last two Fiestas, it turned out that "lunch" was somewhat problematic, in that there aren't any dining establishments truly close to the range.

So, might I suggest that everyone coming try to either put together a pic-a-nic basket or such? Even the out-of-towners can accomplish this with a visit to the stop n' rob or a grocery store.

I will ask this though. Anyone who can bring one of those big "banquet style" coffee urns, would be a hero in my book. If one of those is confirmed available, I'll buy a couple pounds o' coffee to stuff into it.

Ordinarily, I'd bring my own coffeepot, but it's undignified to try to shoot when hooked up to a coffee I.V. drip.

Thanks!

Jim
Sunk New Dawn
Galveston, TX
Rod

Post by Rod »

Just had a crazy thought. I'm in the Homewood Suites at Ben White and I-35. Wonder how many people I'm going to freak out carrying gun cases in and out of the hotel. This MIGHT be fun.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
Aglifter

Post by Aglifter »

Austin: Even the hippies carry guns. While I have to go to work, Friday night shooting at Red's South might be a good experience.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

My massage therapist with the yoga school invited me out to go shooting on her dads land with her. She offered to loan me a gun if I didn't have enough.

Really! Seems not that many people know the true level of my enthusiasm. I must be slacking...
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Legman688

Post by Legman688 »

Oh, I'm committed all right...
Opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it - Frazz

Guncounter.com: All threads hijacked in 25 posts or less, guaranteed!
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Legman688 wrote:Oh, I'm committed all right...
You can't be committed. They don't have an asylum large enough for you and all the members of the guncounter.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Jered

Post by Jered »

CombatController wrote:My massage therapist with the yoga school invited me out to go shooting on her dads land with her. She offered to loan me a gun if I didn't have enough.

Really! Seems not that many people know the true level of my enthusiasm. I must be slacking...
How can I entice her to move to Washington? :?
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.