Rumpshot's Revenge 2012

Announcements for an entire nation, or for the entire world.
Rumpshot

Re: Rumpshot's Revenge 2012

Post by Rumpshot »

Looking for a rough head count. Think I know most of who will attend this year, but not sure about a couple of you folks.

Mo has indicated she and Jay probably won't be here. :cry:

308Mike, what is your status looking like?

BE603 any chance this year?

Workin, you have been pretty quiet of late, any hopes?

Yogi, Arizona is really pretty in the fall.

Got a B&B right here in Paulden that I have linked to, should be a nice place to stay if you are so inclined. The Teapot Inn, Chris and Mel stayed there one year, has gone out of business. Coupla motels in Chino Valley. Free camping on the National Forest and room to park RV's in my yard.

Need to visit a couple of folks locally tomorrow to see about the Class 3 situation.

Lots of Tannerite on hand or enroute.

New steel targets.

Lots of clay pigeons.

4 New boxes of 16 ga. shotgun shells acquired this week.

Setup to start on 2 Nov. Early arrivals welcome, even earlier than the 2nd. :D

I thought the All you can Eat fish dinners had stopped, but need to check, I have been told they are still going on, on Friday evenings.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
JohnOC

Post by JohnOC »

Firming up head count. Me + 1 99% definite. +2 more 90% pretty firm.

Looking like arriving Friday evening, subject to change - may be Sat AM.
The government that is big enough to give you everything you want, is powerful enough to take everything you have. – Thomas Jefferson
Rod

Post by Rod »

Just checked with Home6. We're gonna marathon drive from El Paso Thursday. Rudy can help Rumpshot's Home6 with stuff Friday. We'll stick around until Sunday afternoon, then head back to Tucson, then home on Monday. Looking to bring a target base and frame for paper targets. Probably fewer guns and ammo this year. Also will probably bring some books for the bookstore.

Definitely bringing the M1917, probably the .30 carbine automag, the 20 gauge, couple more pistols and couple more rifles.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

We're still not in good enough financial shape to replace all the tires on the RV (which are rotting after being on the rig for more than 10 years). Doing so would require the equivalent of a mortgage payment and then some (to replace all seven (7) tires, one being the spare - but if we get eight tires we can get ONE tire for free!). I wish we could afford to do everything to allow us to attend RR, for more reasons than you could imagine.

Right now, I'm working a part-time job doing photography (NO WEDDINGS), and it's helping to pay the bills, but for now it feels like I've been resurrected after being unemployed for OVER THREE YEARS. Even working part time is a HUGE morale boost!!

I'm still looking at what we can do to get to RR (and BOTH of us want to go this time, my wife misses Dana and Cathy and everyone else), but for the time being we're still watching our pennies and making daily expense priorities, as well as raiding our 401(k)'s to keep the house. Winning the lottery would be a blessing, and much of our money would be used to help others (which I'd REALLY LOVE to do), but there's that little thing of winning the lottery first before we could designate the money for them. ;) ;) :roll: :roll: :roll:
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Well 20 pounds of Tannerite arrived this morning. RR2012 is going to be BOOMIFUL! :lol:
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Flintlock Tom

Post by Flintlock Tom »

Rumpshot wrote:Well 20 pounds of Tannerite arrived this morning. RR2012 is going to be BOOMIFUL! :lol:
Well, I guess we need to go shopping for pumpkins, now?
If time, chance and random process can produce a platypus why not an ammo tree?
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Flintlock Tom wrote:
Rumpshot wrote:Well 20 pounds of Tannerite arrived this morning. RR2012 is going to be BOOMIFUL! :lol:
Well, I guess we need to go shopping for pumpkins, now?
Yup!
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Rod

Post by Rod »

I've got a major case of sometimers. I've got a previous committment on the 3rd of November so this means I won't be making the Revenge. Sorry guys.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
Dinochrome

Post by Dinochrome »

Little Sister and I are still on! We've done the maintenance on our transcontinental vehicle and are lining up our finances. Just today, I found another Moisin-Nagant M91/30 in re-arsenaled condition so that we can compete with similar rifles.

We also have reservations at the same Chino Valley motel as last year.
"Fair is fair; If somebody tries to kill you, kill them right back."
Captain Malcolm of Serenity
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Rod wrote:I've got a major case of sometimers. I've got a previous committment on the 3rd of November so this means I won't be making the Revenge. Sorry guys.
Dang it Rod, was looking forward to seeing you and Rudy. See you soon, one of these days anyway.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona