Announcing Crispin Arms, and Crispin Fabrication

Announcements for an entire nation, or for the entire world.
Netpackrat

Re: Announcing Crispin Arms, and Crispin Fabrication

Post by Netpackrat »

Wow. I wish you the best of success in your new ventures. It isn't easy to make a living hanging out your shingle as a skilled craftsman... I'm certainly not giving up MY day job to pursue my own similar interests. Insert comment regarding giant brass ones here.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
cageym

Post by cageym »

I also wish you the best. I'll keep you in mind for anything I need, and anything I come accross that you can do for others.
RESISTANCE IS NOT FUTILE. It's voltage divided by current.

There is no such thing as overkill. There is only "Open fire!" and "Reloading!"
-John Ringo "The Hot Gate"
tfbncc

Post by tfbncc »

Chris, my best wishes for your success. I won't say good luck, because I believe you'll make your own luck.

Ray
Les Nessman

Post by Les Nessman »

Best wishes Chris. Your kind of drive and self-determination are sorely needed in this country.
Rod

Post by Rod »

Chris, contact me. I need a hammer fabricated for a Merwin Baby Pocket Pistol in .38 S&W. The firing pin broke off. Dibs on first customer.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Bonzai! God grant you success and good reputation. Gotta be some stock work around here to send you that can ship as is while you wait on the FFL.

I remember telling my dad how conflicted I felt about continuing college and how much I wanted to learn a trade. He pointed to the example of Bezalel and quoted Proverbs 22:29 to me, "Do you see a man skilled in his work? He will stand before kings, he will not stand before obscure men." He never wanted to go to MIT that much but his Skipper gave him a shot at the V-12 program. He was perfectly happy being a Motor Machinists Mate and just wanted to go back and work his old job at the Chevy dealer shop in Oskaloosa.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

I've been thinking about extending the length of pull on my son's .270 back to original. Like to put on a block that matches the grip and forearm caps and a new pad. I'm way backed up on bench projects so it's about #372 on my list.

It's the one with the curly maple custom stock -- would make a nice promo pic for you.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

I don't know that it would need completely refinished. It's in nice shape otherwise -- esp for a field gun. I presume it's tung oil so shouldn't that be OK to recoat/refresh and blend transition from a new butt block?

Rod

Post by Rod »

CByrneIV wrote:
Rod wrote:Chris, contact me. I need a hammer fabricated for a Merwin Baby Pocket Pistol in .38 S&W. The firing pin broke off. Dibs on first customer.
Do you have the original piece(s) still? Drawings? Did you want it color case hardened or just torch hardened?

It's likely that my machining and fitting time (I'd guess two hours shop time total, plus a couple hours bench time) is likely to cost a fair bit more than the piece is worth.
I have the original piece, I think it was torch hardened. I can remove the hammer and send it to you. Don't forget this gun was built in the 1880s so, unless it'd cost around 900 bucks to make a piece that's maybe 1 1/2 inches by 3/4 of an inch, I'll pay to have it made. Can't shoot the damn thing as is and there are NO parts available.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

Excellent.

Do you have a long term rent agreement?

A note on the residential plowing: I gave it up a few years ago (and I was getting $50 for a 100' driveway) because the insurance went through the roof and winters here are unpredictable. I would expect the people in your area are less litigious than those in NJ, but you need to CYA as far as slip and fall accidents go.