Navy problems

A place to talk about all things military, paramilitary, tactical, strategic, and logistical.
Vonz90

Navy problems

Post by Vonz90 »

https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/07/ ... struction/

Good take, I actually think it similar in all the services with the AF being the worst, but gotta start someplace.
randy

Re: Navy problems

Post by randy »

I think the USAF probably doesn't recognize it as much in the tactical air forces as they have been involved in continuous combat operations since January of 1991, but none of it against forces that could effectively defend against them. (even in DESERT STORM we effectively had a cooperating enemy in the Iraqi defensive/avoidance mindset, as opposed, for instance, the the NVN aggressive air and ground based defense strategy).

The nuclear forces certainly show the slippage of standards and operational proficiency since SAC was dis-established.

As for the Deming inspired Efficiency fetish: Efficiency don't mean shit if you're not effective. Be able to do you bloody job effectively first, then worry about how to make it "efficient".
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Precision

Re: Navy problems

Post by Precision »

randy wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:17 am I think the USAF probably doesn't recognize it as much in the tactical air forces as they have been involved in continuous combat operations since January of 1991, but none of it against forces that could effectively defend against them. (even in DESERT STORM we effectively had a cooperating enemy in the Iraqi defensive/avoidance mindset, as opposed, for instance, the the NVN aggressive air and ground based defense strategy).

The nuclear forces certainly show the slippage of standards and operational proficiency since SAC was dis-established.

As for the Deming inspired Efficiency fetish: Efficiency don't mean shit if you're not effective. Be able to do you bloody job effectively first, then worry about how to make it "efficient".
yup a very efficient 1000 lumen light bulb is damn near worthless at lighting up an entire mall.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/