They need to put it in Crayons

A place to talk about all things military, paramilitary, tactical, strategic, and logistical.
blackeagle603

Re: They need to put it in Crayons

Post by blackeagle603 »

Possibly been afoot since late 2019. This article lines up with reports that open sources gave early warning of a novel
'rona in China surfacing in late 2019.

Open Source Early Warning Of The COVID-19 Outbreak
by James Timbie
Thursday, May 6, 2021
NATIONAL SECURITY TASK FORCE MAY 2021 REPORT*
The first public alerts about a novel coronavirus circulating in China in late 2019 came from open source networks established to conduct surveillance and provide warning of outbreaks of infectious diseases. One was ProMED (Program for Monitoring Emerging Diseases), a worldwide volunteer network of mostly health professionals who collect information from social media chatter, health department announcements, and local media outlets and feed it to a small staff of part-time health professionals, who curate information, circulate reports by email to subscribers worldwide, and post them in near-real time on their web site. The COVID-19 alert was the latest in a successful record for ProMED, which also provided early warning of the SARS, MERS, Ebola, and Zika outbreaks.

On December 30, 2019 a member of the ProMED network in Taiwan monitoring Chinese social media sent an email to a ProMED editor in New York calling attention to concerns expressed by medical authorities in Wuhan about an unexplained pneumonia. The ProMED editor proceeded to look for further information to validate this message, and found further evidence from a known Chinese financial news reporter confirming that Wuhan health authorities were responding to an unexplained outbreak. She then sent an email to the 80,000 ProMed subscribers alerting the world to a pneumonia of unknown cause in Wuhan, and seeking further information.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

blackeagle603 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 2:44 pm Possibly been afoot since late 2019.]
COVID s most likely vector of origin was out of the Wuhan institute of virology (a lab the us state dept sent warning letters to the Chinese govt about, after a tour, due to the labs shoddy management) was via a virologist in lateNov/early Dec named Huang Yanling. She was both patient zero and the first fatality of the outbreak - there's been some conjecture that she spread it to the general population either traveling through the wet market right across the street, and/or to the mortuary workers handling her cremation with insufficient PPE. There isalot of circumstantial evidence pointing to this as the method of origin.

Do I think it originated in a lab? Yes.
Do I think it was modified by by said lab? A strong possibility
Do I think it was germ warfare? No, the lab in question is a known medical research lab that hasbeen doing work on coronaviruses for quite some time.
Do I think it was intentional Again No, despite China's ridiculous official numbers, there's circstantial evidence that they had a huge body count do to this.
Do I think the Chinese took advantage of the opportunity presented by this outbreak - absolutely, one look at their delayed reporting of it so they could clean out global inventory of n95 masks, etc, gives just how much they did.
Do I think Corona is dangerous? Yes, but it's a question of "how dangerous" even the most generous of estimates put it below 1% fatality rate.. vs 10%+ of the Spanish flu, the 33% bubonic plague outbreaks in the 1300s, or Ebolas ability to kill anywhere from half to 3/4s of those it infects. What makes Covid-19 so dangerous, was it's mutability, it's long, asymptomatic incubation period, it's ability to survive outside the body, and it transmissibility, not it's fatality rate. Because of the above factors, it was able to spread like wildfire, and kill the medically vulnerable( old, sick, immunocompromised, etc) it essentially cleaned out the medical "dead wood" in society, which is why the second third and fourth waves of the disease are killing far less people.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

I suspect China made lemonade out of lemons and would let it weaken the west and serve their superordinate goal of reasserting the middle kingdom's place of dominance.

Whether they decided that before or after once it had run past their borders is a matter for the historians.

Read somewhere that the "level 4" labs weren't -- level 4 that is. At least not in practice or as evaluated by audits. Were more on par with a level 2, i.e. Level of protection you might have in a bio lab at a University.

Either way my money is on Fauci knowing all of this and covering his tracks with his public stances. But I'm just a cynical old fool who's spent 30+ growing even more cynical and suspicious of humans and human organization as a result of doing supplier audits, surveillance, failure analysis and corrective action followup.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

blackeagle603 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:55 pm Read somewhere that the "level 4" labs weren't -- level 4 that is. At least not in practice or as evaluated by audits. Were more on par with a level 2, i.e. Level of protection you might have in a bio lab at a University.
The Lab in question was actually toured by a delegation of scientists from the US state dept in 2018. They were so shocked by the way the place was operating, they sent a letter to the Chinese government warning that an outbreak was a question of "when", not "if"...

Then Huang Yanling contracted COVID in the lab and the rest is history...
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
BDK

Post by BDK »

I realize this will sound prejudiced, but I’ve worked in a lab environment with Han. There are competent ones, who I’d be happy to work with.

But, there are also quite a few who are not morally capable of working in a pathogen lab.

The ChiComs will never have a safe pathogen lab, unless they fill it with “bad” Communists.
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Lessons from a supplier quality engineer with 20+ years dealing in China (moi)... Breaking rules in the interest of reducing costs, any cost, is a high moral good to them.

blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

WSJ chimes in on the ethics of the jab as it is being promoted among various demographics, including the young and healthy.
These coercive mandates violate basic principles of medical ethics. Even if the vaccines receive full FDA approval, no sensible understanding of herd immunity can justify forcing vaccinations on healthy young adults who are at minimal risk of hospitalization or death from Covid, especially those who already had Covid. We don’t immunize children against diseases that primarily harm the elderly in hope of reducing transmission risks for the elderly. That would use the recipients as a means to another end, which is unethical.
Forced vaccinations would also commandeer populations that were deliberately excluded from clinical trials, thus subjecting them to novel experimental risks. This includes not only patients who’ve recovered from Covid, but pregnant and breast-feeding women as well.
RTWT