Army Missiles

A place to talk about all things military, paramilitary, tactical, strategic, and logistical.
Vonz90

Army Missiles

Post by Vonz90 »

Netpackrat

Re: Army Missiles

Post by Netpackrat »

My take from this is that it meshes nicely with efforts to use Russia as a counterbalance to China. And that both the US and Russia agreed that it was stupid to continue under the treaty terms when the third great power is operating under no such self imposed restriction.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Langenator

Post by Langenator »

To bad we can't just dust off the old Pershing IIs and deploy them to Okinawa. I wonder if they could have hit China from Guam?

In hindsight, we should have just gifted the Pershings to Taiwan...
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
randy

Post by randy »

Netpackrat wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:20 am My take from this is that it meshes nicely with efforts to use Russia as a counterbalance to China. And that both the US and Russia agreed that it was stupid to continue under the treaty terms when the third great power is operating under no such self imposed restriction.
Possible, but that doesn't jibe with such recent events as the apparently coordinated Russian/CHICOM bomber "combat patrol" just outside of ROK airspace (with, according to the ROKs, a violation of their airspace by a Russian AWACS bird)
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop