Lets whoop this carcass good and proper! (M-16 Thread)

A place to talk about all things military, paramilitary, tactical, strategic, and logistical.
sam

Re: Lets whoop this carcass good and proper! (M-16 Thread)

Post by sam »

Never saw a P-51, either. Interesting, you can buy both the P-38 and P-51 from Amazon, but my Google-fu can't find much on the B-52.
Rod

Post by Rod »

sam wrote:Never saw a P-51, either. Interesting, you can buy both the P-38 and P-51 from Amazon, but my Google-fu can't find much on the B-52.
Dumba** civilians, the P-51 WAS the B-52. Check here http://www2.iath.virginia.edu/sixties/H ... s_A_C.html to see there WAS such a thing.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
DougWojtowicz

Post by DougWojtowicz »

Derail-fu.

Now THERE'S some skill!
moose42

Post by moose42 »

Lets go back to the M-14.

If that isn't an option we could make an M-14, put it in a fancy Tacticool stock and call it the M-41. :-P
Years from now our children and grandchildren living in a 3rd world America will ask "What were you doing on March 21st 2010 and why didn't you stop it?"
--Me

Come check out my blog where I share my crazy sci-fi and fantasy fiction.
Alone: King of One
Rod

Post by Rod »

DougWojtowicz wrote:Derail-fu.

Now THERE'S some skill!

Why thank you kind sir.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
Jered

Post by Jered »

308Mike wrote:
DougWojtowicz wrote:The M-4 barrel is not long enough for proper bad guy busting.
It's also not long enough to bust open a case of C's. Oops, I'm dating myself here. MRE cases are probably tear open.
Actually they don't.

They use so much glue it's quite hard to open one.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Ben Rumson

Post by Ben Rumson »

I picked up five P-38s at the last show for $2.00. Opening tin cans with an M-4 just wasn't cost effective.
Mike Kelly

Post by Mike Kelly »

Last weekend, my brother and I were out shooting guns. He had one of those spinning targets made of steel plates. 3/4" thick.

I must have been tired because when I asked him what calibers these targets could handle, he said "Up to .44 Magnum", I must have heard, "Go ahead and shoot your M1 Garand at it".

So I did. There were three big holes in it. Not 8 because the third bullet made the target go down like an innocent bystander.

My brother didn't get mad. He just shrugged, set the target back up and commenced to perforating the steel plates again.

He was shooting my AR15 (full length 20" barrel). He got five hits, 3 clean through holes and two humorous looking dents that retained some bits of the bullets inside.

So, your M16 poodle shooter, with the right kind of ammo, has a very good chance of hitting said poodle if it is standing on the opposite side of 3/4" 's of steel from you.
DougWojtowicz

Post by DougWojtowicz »

Re-rail fu?

A new contender has entered the game!
Draven

Post by Draven »

And turning a Garand or M14 in a tight hallway is about as easy as opening a bag of MREs without a knife.