Syrian Fishbed on a bombing run...

A place to talk about all things military, paramilitary, tactical, strategic, and logistical.
308Mike

Re: Syrian Fishbed on a bombing run...

Post by 308Mike »

NVGdude wrote:
Aesop wrote: I haven't seen USAF tactics under similar situations, so I can't address them.

We normally drop the bombs from 30,000 ft. Determining whether the target is actually a group of Canadians is outside the scope of this reply.
Apparently not, if you're a Wild Weasel!!
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
slowpoke

Post by slowpoke »

308Mike wrote:
NVGdude wrote:
Aesop wrote: I haven't seen USAF tactics under similar situations, so I can't address them.

We normally drop the bombs from 30,000 ft. Determining whether the target is actually a group of Canadians is outside the scope of this reply.
I thought they were phased out?
"Islam delenda est" Aesop
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

slowpoke wrote:
308Mike wrote:
NVGdude wrote:
I thought they were phased out?
They were used in Iraq, and somewhat in Afghanistan, and I wouldn't be surprised if Obummer had designated they be cut from the budget - however, AFAIK, the USAF has certainly needed and used them quite extensively. And no, drones can't react quickly enough to the threats to replace those F-16CJs with confident and cocky pilots in the seats.
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

Make the drones cheap enough and send them out fast enough and your opposition will run out of ready to launch missiles before you run out drones.
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

NVGdude wrote:

We've always been at war with [strike]Eastasia[/strike] Canada
NVGdude

Post by NVGdude »

slowpoke wrote: I thought they were phased out?

The F-4 "Wild Weasel" is long gone.

Certain F-16's perform the same mission carrying the HARM missile. They generally are referred to as having the Wild Weasel mission even though they do it a bit differently than the guys who flew the bricks with two engines.

Officially the mission is called SEAD (suppression of enemy air defenses)
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

No aircraft that specializes in SEAD is left in USAF inventory.
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

308Mike wrote:They were used in Iraq, and somewhat in Afghanistan, and I wouldn't be surprised if Obummer had designated they be cut from the budget - however, AFAIK, the USAF has certainly needed and used them quite extensively. And no, drones can't react quickly enough to the threats to replace those F-16CJs with [strike]confident and cocky[/strike] batshit insane pilots in the seats.
Fixed it for you... :lol:
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

Cybrludite wrote:
308Mike wrote:They were used in Iraq, and somewhat in Afghanistan, and I wouldn't be surprised if Obummer had designated they be cut from the budget - however, AFAIK, the USAF has certainly needed and used them quite extensively. And no, drones can't react quickly enough to the threats to replace those F-16CJs with [strike]confident and cocky[/strike] batshit insane pilots in the seats.
Fixed it for you... :lol:
Ding hao.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Jericho941 wrote:Ding hao.
Ding How :lol:
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop