Bubble Head Traitor

A place to talk about all things military, paramilitary, tactical, strategic, and logistical.
Vonz90

Bubble Head Traitor

Post by Vonz90 »

Weetabix

Re: Bubble Head Traitor

Post by Weetabix »

I hope they both rot, too.

But it's hard not to wonder, when the Fibbies are involved. Did they coerce him to begin the exchange somehow? "I am representative of foreign government. If you do not sell me secrets, I will have your children killed."

I cannot decide definitively that there are any white hats here.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Doesn’t seem to fit the profiles for FBI manufactured criminals, plus one of the articles said the perps contacted the foreign government first. The least believable part is the foreign government ratting them out instead of using them.

Also, democrats being democrats.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

From what I read they intercepted communications from him offering to sell classified documents to a foreign power (unnamed but I am guessing China). They set up a sting from there.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

I know, I know.
I believe all articles have full and complete information. :roll:
I also actually believe that the NSA monitors lots of comms and would alert the FBI.
And that dems during Trump's presidency would sell out the country.
And I share the doubt that the foreign gov would rat on them.
That's kind of what makes me think there's more we're not hearing.
I don't know.

I think I'm just getting very cynical overall.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Netpackrat wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:02 am Doesn’t seem to fit the profiles for FBI manufactured criminals, plus one of the articles said the perps contacted the foreign government first. The least believable part is the foreign government ratting them out instead of using them.

Also, democrats being democrats.
As I understand it, their initial communication to the foreign government was intercepted.

However, back in the distant days if 1991, there was a sailor who contact the Russians to sell them "secrets". However, he was such an idiot, and did not have access to anything valuable anyway, so they turned him in to the FBI apparently deciding he was not worth the effort. Funny stuff. (I did not know him, but he was at the same base I was at so was briefed on it along with all the other Os.)