Something wierd just happened

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
HTRN

Something wierd just happened

Post by HTRN »

The local hs just had an attempted hit right in front of it.

https://abc7ny.com/shooting-staten-isla ... /12376576/

1) this is in a very nice neighborhood, probably the safest in the city
2) the perps were described as 5 adult males who were waiting in a parked car - this wasn't a drive-by.
3) the kid who got shot was described as a nice kid who got along with everyone - he may have been collateral damage.

The whole thing just strikes me as wierd.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
BDK

Re: Something wierd just happened

Post by BDK »

Wrong place, wrong time. My guess is the target is either the family member of a villain, or a door dealer who didn’t pay.

(Going more with family member of a villain, given they attacked at a school)
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

Kid who got hit was a bystander.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

Meanwhile, from the Nazgul-Zeldin debate:
“They’re not being represented from this governor — who still, to this moment…hasn’t talked about locking up anyone committing any crimes.”

Hochul responded by saying, “Anyone who commits a crime, under our laws, especially with the changes we made to bail, has consequences.

“I don’t know why that’s so important to you,” the incumbent Democrat added. “All I know is that we could do more.”
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!