Alex Jones ordered to pay nearly a billion dollars

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
HTRN

Alex Jones ordered to pay nearly a billion dollars

Post by HTRN »

HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
blackeagle603

Re: Alex Jones ordered to pay nearly a billion dollars

Post by blackeagle603 »

yeah, like that's going to happen.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Not a fan of Alex Jones, but that seems more than a little excessive.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

It's an activist judge. No doubt it will dramatically get knocked down on appeal.

I'm surprised he hasn't liquidated everything, moved his assets offshore, and setup shop somewhere where they can't touch his money.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Be surprised if he doesn't have a Plan B passport
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Precision

Post by Precision »

HTRN wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:49 pm It's an activist judge. No doubt it will dramatically get knocked down on appeal.

I'm surprised he hasn't liquidated everything, moved his assets offshore, and setup shop somewhere where they can't touch his money.
unless they have changed the law, in Florida, you liquidate then turn that cash into a HUGE house. Go thru the issue for a year or so, then when closed out, you sell the house and have assets again. Because in FL they can't take your house no matter the other issues.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

The problem is, I don't think there are any houses that big in the US Jones is probably worth over a hundred million

BDK

Post by BDK »

In the old days, in Texas, you could “homestead” a condo building, if you lived in it…
BDK

Post by BDK »

In the old days, in Texas, you could “homestead” a condo building, if you lived in it…

It should be an interesting case. Pretty sure the families are a “limited public figure,” but I’m not sure.

Frankly, we need a return to real libel and slander standards.

If NYT v Sullivan’s gets overturned, that would be good for the country.

How many victims were there? It may not be that much, per victim.