Has anyone else noticed gas prices slowly dropping?

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
HTRN

Re: Has anyone else noticed gas prices slowly dropping?

Post by HTRN »

Precision wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:12 pm I knew it was coming, but didn't have the on hand cash and a convenient way to transport or fill a 500 gallon tank.
Get it delivered. There are even services where they'll come to your house and fill up your car - the concept seems popular with the wealthy, especially as it avoids rolling into a gas station in a ride that screams "I Have Money".

Arfcom GD has a thread on this very subject a couple of days ago.

Edit: how I would do it, if money was no object.
Concrete slab wi bollards to protect tanks , tank installed end out to maximize space.

1-2 500 gallon tanks for diesel, because diesel keeps a llloonngg time when treated.
A single 500 gallon tank of 93 octane ethanol free gas.
A single 300 gallon tank of either "Sunoco Blue" or E85.

All tanks will have their own 120v pumps, with fine filters on it, and filling them, funnel type "Carribean" fuel filters will be used. The idea is to keep as much garbage out as possible.

Putting ball valves on the bottom of each tank and letting the tank sit for a week before draining the seperated water out, is a good idea too.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Precision

Post by Precision »

holy crap that is a lot of regulation
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Precision

Post by Precision »

HTRN wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 2:04 am
Precision wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:12 pm I knew it was coming, but didn't have the on hand cash and a convenient way to transport or fill a 500 gallon tank.
Get it delivered. There are even services where they'll come to your house and fill up your car - the concept seems popular with the wealthy, especially as it avoids rolling into a gas station in a ride that screams "I Have Money".

Arfcom GD has a thread on this very subject a couple of days ago.

Edit: how I would do it, if money was no object.
Concrete slab wi bollards to protect tanks , tank installed end out to maximize space.

1-2 500 gallon tanks for diesel, because diesel keeps a llloonngg time when treated.
A single 500 gallon tank of 93 octane ethanol free gas.
A single 300 gallon tank of either "Sunoco Blue" or E85.

All tanks will have their own 120v pumps, with fine filters on it, and filling them, funnel type "Carribean" fuel filters will be used. The idea is to keep as much garbage out as possible.

Putting ball valves on the bottom of each tank and letting the tank sit for a week before draining the seperated water out, is a good idea too.

Money is an object, but

I get why the ethanol free gas, but why 93 octane?

Also why get any of the E-85 stuff. It draws water like crazy and I for one have nothing that will run on it without damage.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Precision wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:56 pm Money is an object, but

I get why the ethanol free gas, but why 93 octane?

Also why get any of the E-85 stuff. It draws water like crazy and I for one have nothing that will run on it without damage.
Because everything will run on 93.
And the reason for E85 is simple: forced induction. You can do scary, scary things with a twin turbo V8 on E85.

Hence the " if money is no object" part. If I don't have to worry about paying for it, I'd build a "boulevard warrior", most likely on a late 70s Camaro as you can pick them cheap. Add a twin turbo 598.... :ugeek:
Precision wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:54 pm holy crap that is a lot of regulation
Welcome to America

HTRN

Post by HTRN »

And Costco and the nearest station have both dropped to $3.75/gallon. The Democrats must be doing their damndest to get it below 3 bucks a gallon by November.

blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Whole (3rd world) nations have basically stopped buying and shut off power and transport. There's your supply_demand solution.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

blackeagle603 wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:17 am Whole (3rd world) nations have basically stopped buying and shut off power and transport. There's your supply_demand solution.
The state of NY stopped collecting gas taxes to give it's citizens relief in these troubled times. :roll:

It's set to last till the end of the year - the cynic in me notes that's just a little past election day... :roll:
Last edited by HTRN on Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Precision

Post by Precision »

prices have inched up her over the past week or so. Low price station from $3.19 to 3.25. Local stations from $3.29 to 3.35. Not a big move but bucking the previous few month's trend.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Costco and the cheap nearby station both dropped another 2 cents..