Has anyone else noticed gas prices slowly dropping?

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
Greg

Re: Has anyone else noticed gas prices slowly dropping?

Post by Greg »

HTRN wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:21 pm Diesel here still hovers around $4.85-5.00 a gallon. I suspect it's due to the tax holiday, I don't think it covers diesel.

Also winter is coming, and home heating oil these days is basically diesel these days...

Meanwhile, with summer over, gas prices continue to fall - Costco just dropped to $3.63/gallon. I fully expect the cheap local station to close the gap in the next week or so.
There's still demand for diesel.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

HTRN wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:11 pm Holy sheep!

I just checked, and it dropped to $3.50 at the local Costco and $3.55 at the local cheap station...
Now they're both 3.49.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Cobar

Post by Cobar »

Filled up Tuesday away from the main routes at $3.10. Other places seem to be floating around $3.30 in upstate SC.
Precision

Post by Precision »

In some driving earlier in the week, I saw two stations at $2.96 (of course my tank was full). Several were at $3.05-3.10. Immediate area around us is now $3.25 to $3.30, with one gas station that lowers prices mon-thurs and bumps them up Fri-Sun a bit lower at $3.15, yesterday (wed).

A friend lives south of Nash in a wealthy town. They are $3.55-3.89
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Down to $3.43/gallon at Costco and the local cheap station..

My guess is it will be down to 3 bucks a gallon by Christmas.... And the the tax holiday will end....
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

About $3.85 now in central Pennsylbama.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
g-man

Post by g-man »

At the cheapest place for gas in the area, it was $2.84/gal here in CenTex before I left to visit my parents in NC last Thursday. Got home Sunday morning and that station had jumped to $3.06/gal. Don’t know if it’s a demand side or supply side pressure, but the slow slide back down has definitely hit a speed bump.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Presented without comment:
https://nj1015.com/is-the-gas-price-dro ... ew-jersey/

And oh, the local Costco dropped to $3.39

Precision

Post by Precision »

Saw $2.96 again and in town is now $3.13 Dropped a bit again with the release of stategic reserve / vote buying by selling our safety net
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

It's averaging around 3.89/gal in central Illinois.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds