Has anyone else noticed gas prices slowly dropping?

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
MiddleAgedKen

Re: Has anyone else noticed gas prices slowly dropping?

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

Creeping back up to $4 in central PA, and diesel jumped almost a buck, from $5.39 to $6.29.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Cheapest Diesel here is $4.53, most stations that have it(less than half the local stations sell it) are over $5 a gallon.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
g-man

Post by g-man »

Gas is back up a bit here, but diesel has jumped considerably. At least by my reading of the tea leaves, it indicates that demand for gas is still down while world events are pushing supply prices up, and with diesel demand not being as flexible due to supply chain (read: 18-wheel movement making up for lower rail throughput due to reasons)… those prices jumped.

All of which points to full-speed stupid heating oil prices this winter. Yay. Hope y’all’s people like sweaters…
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

g-man wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:11 am All of which points to full-speed stupid heating oil prices this winter. Yay. Hope y’all’s people like sweaters…
Why anybody building a house or doing a major Reno in the last ten years doesn't install a geothermal heat pump, is beyond me.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

A possible explanation for why diesel remains insanely high:
https://archive.ph/VfzsZ

Short answer - diesel inventory, unlike gas, is at the lowest it's been in this country since 1951.

Precision

Post by Precision »

filled up the bed tank on the truck with diesel. Put in 48 gallons at $4.89 before that station refilled and bumped the price to meet the across the street competitor at $5.49.

Some reports I am reading suggest local prices may hit $6.50 to $7.00 a gallon right after the election. Sigh

Its already up almost $1.00 in the last month
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

Saw a truck stop the other day along I-80 in PA past the exits for Williamsport with diesel north of $6.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
Precision

Post by Precision »

MiddleAgedKen wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:06 pm Saw a truck stop the other day along I-80 in PA past the exits for Williamsport with diesel north of $6.
Saw a station close to downtown Nash. $5.99 for diesel. Makes my $4.89 purchase look Cheap. Then I remember the time I paid $1.79 during Trump...and well.

We can safely say I drive the Prius a lot more these days.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Regular gas is starting to climb too - Costco is now $3.55, and the cheap local station is $3.59. probably fallout from the Saudis cutting production , and the ongoing shortage (only 25 days supply in the US).

HTRN

Post by HTRN »

And now both Costco and the cheap local station are $3.59 a gallon.