Gettysburg

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
scipioafricanus

Re: Gettysburg

Post by scipioafricanus »

HTRN wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:20 pm
Vonz90 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:17 amWho knows how it would have gone but I would not have high hopes for a nation built on slavery and governed by a self selected agrarian aristocracy.
Rome 2.0 :evil:

I still think that Glory was the best Civil War film ever made. Gettysburg comes in at #2..
Oh that's a good one; trying to think of a few more, The Horse Soldiers is up there.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

scipioafricanus wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:45 am
Vonz90 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:17 amWho knows how it would have gone but I would not have high hopes for a nation built on slavery and governed by a self selected agrarian aristocracy.

I still think that Glory was the best Civil War film ever made. Gettysburg comes in at #2..
Oh that's a good one; trying to think of a few more, The Horse Soldiers is up there.
Glory is a good one that I have actually seen. I do not watch many movies and after my 3rd deployment my desire for war movies pretty much tanked.

I will say that reading "We Were Soldiers Once and Young" while on deployment with artillery in the background added a certain something to the experience.
Last edited by Vonz90 on Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jered

Post by Jered »

scipioafricanus wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:45 am

Josey Wales is good, too.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Jered wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:16 am Josey Wales is good, too.
It's set during, and just after the war between the states, but I don't consider it a really a civil war film.

Have you seen Ride with the Devil? I've seen it mentioned a few times elsewhere as an excellent movie, focusing on the Missouri/Kansas border war during the conflict, but I haven't seen it.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt