Rash of shootings, Spidey sense tingling

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
scipioafricanus

Re: Rash of shootings, Spidey sense tingling

Post by scipioafricanus »

How does a poor 18 year old get a Daniel Defense AR with an expensive optic...?
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
randy

Post by randy »

scipioafricanus wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:28 pm How does a poor 18 year old get a Daniel Defense AR with an expensive optic...?
Probably stole it from the Grandmother he shot
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
scipioafricanus

randy wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 2:31 am
scipioafricanus wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:28 pm How does a poor 18 year old get a Daniel Defense AR with an expensive optic...?
Probably stole it from the Grandmother he shot
He passed the background check since no criminal record. That part was reported.
Termite

Post by Termite »

Pawpaw has some thoughts on the matter: http://pawpawshouse.blogspot.com/2022/0 ... hings.html
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
BDK

Post by BDK »

That they were stopping the parents, explains something - I was trying to figure out how it took 90 minutes, in rural TX, for parents to show up with guns…

I get why people are scared/rattled…. If it was my family inside, I’m not sure what would happen if a cop tried to stop me.

Charleston SC had a great relationship with their LEOs, built over decades.

A Communist POS got elected mayor, Antifa invaded and rioted shortly thereafter, and the LEOs watched them burn buildings and shoot at people, when they outnumber the rioters 3 to 1.

The only person arrested was a business owner who fired into the air, when the animals started dragging one of his customers through the street.

Didn’t stop until the sheriff decided he’d had enough, and sent his deputies in.

No one recognizes CHS PD as legitmate, anymore. The presumption is any decent person would have quit, and went to work for the sheriff.

I don’t know if Uvalde PD is going to be spit on in the street, but it’s going to be damn hard to buy a cup of coffee.
scipioafricanus

I really have my doubts that a woman jumped the fence, found just her two children in the school, and led them out.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Probably went through the same unlocked door as the shooter.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

scipioafricanus wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 9:36 pm
I really have my doubts that a woman jumped the fence, found just her two children in the school, and led them out.
I don't vouch for the details because I have no idea, but the general direction seems likely. It was a cluster f*** clown show.